Queen of the Underworld

Queen of the Underworld

A Story by Mr. Misanthrope
"

"just wow <3"

"
Journey to the Underworld, a place destitute of life and light. Lava rivers overflow all around, souls crawl about, afraid to look up in case the harpies come back for them. Vegetation is scarce, save for a few weeds and thorn bushes, and blood flows everywhere like waterfalls of death.

As you narrowly avoid the deadly clutches of a desperate bony hand, your gaze falls upon the path up ahead, where a castle stands ominously. The large jagged black gates open up as you approach. Your entry is met by the deadly red eyes of guards who line the walls, where spears and drapes, all red and black, are abundant.

And then you reach the throne room; Kyra, Queen of the Dead, sits on the seat of black marble. She wears black and red armor, and her hair, dark like the night, falls in bunches all around her shoulders. She seems bored and unamused. It has been a long time since she has enjoyed a good fight, as can be seen by the dusting red blade that lies against her throne.

A fire rages in her eyes, as guards bring in yet another mortal. He is scared and starts to cry at her feet, begging for mercy. Kyra takes no notice, and with a snap of her fingers, the poor human bursts into flames. He screams in agony, and in a matter of seconds, his bones have blown away in the wind, as do his last dying yelps.

For years, the same old routine has become quite monotonous for Kyra, and the same goes for her three-headed dog, Grand, who sleeps at her feet on a carpet made from real human skin. The tan would suggest that the person be Mediterranean.

Having had enough of this, she claps her hands, as more guards flood into the room.

"I'm bored," she says, her voice low and harsh, like a fading whisper. "Amuse me."

The guards look worried. They know what that means.

In a moment, two of the guards begin to fight, comrades squabbling for the sake of their queen. One impales the other, regretting ever taking the job, as his friend looks into his eyes, and collapses. His face would haunt his dreams till his dying day...

...which seems to be quite soon too. Kyra smiles wickedly, her eyes fall on her pet Grand, who awakens from his deep slumber and looks at the guards hungrily. he pounces on the first and bites off his head, and then does the same to the rest.

Grand coughs out a bloody thigh bone, and looks back at Kyra.

"You're such a good baby, Grand," she says, as her eyes instantly command him to go back to sleep.

"I had better find some permanent entertainment, or else I'm going to run out of guards pretty soon."

Grand begins snoring again. He's not listening.

Kyra rests her face on her hand once more, drowning herself in her millennia-aged rule...

© 2014 Mr. Misanthrope


Author's Note

Mr. Misanthrope
This was written for a friend during a class, going off of a joke we had about how I thought she would make a good Queen of the Underworld, so I had gone and written this. I remember writing two pieces, this and another, and she definitely has a handwritten version - I remember because she had kept it and could never make out my handwriting; I just can't remember if it's a copy or something entirely different, like another 'glimpse' into the Underworld with her presiding over it.

A drawing I had made accompanied this on paper of what she looked like her in her armor, when I was obsessed with drawing perfect female figures for some reason, but it ended up looking more like a Valkyrie than anything, really.

Written 28 January 2010.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

90 Views
Added on August 19, 2014
Last Updated on August 25, 2014

Author

Mr. Misanthrope
Mr. Misanthrope

Malta



About
Join my group: Night Syndrome more..

Writing