Thoughts

Thoughts

A Story by Colm Burke
"

To be honest, I'm writing this as I go along. Not entirely sure what it is I'm writing. Just thoughts on different things I suppose. Well it's kind of half fictional, half autobiographical. Though in fairness it could just be seen as a load of bull :). Th

"

I sit at my computer and sigh. Standing, I walk away from the computer and lay back on my bed, reaching out to press play on my C.D player. The sound of Bush's song Glycerine starts and lay back, staring at the ceiling. As I lay there, I consider all the different things that have gone on recently. The good, the bad, and the things I feel indifferent about. And I suppose too, the things I regret. Yes, even at the age of 23, I have regrets. What person doesn't? The song changes and I hear Josh Ritter's song Bone of Song come on. A smile lights my face, as this is possibly one of my favourite songs. I sing along softly, not wishing to drown out the Whisper-Rock singer.

Sitting up, I look around my small room at the clutter and mess, saying to myself one day soon I'll tidy all this up. Slowly, I close my eyes and drift off to sleep. I've been dreaming alot lately. I usually don't have dreams or at least I don't remember them. Dreams about my past. Things I regret now but hopefully will look back on in the future with the wisdom of hindsight and laugh at how trivial it all was. Faces flash through my subconscious, actions I had taken at the time, the dream slowly turns to a nightmare, then subtley back to a pleasent dream.

© 2009 Colm Burke


Author's Note

Colm Burke
Review everything. I'm pretty aware that the description may not match what I've written but only because I'm not used to writing this style.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

93 Views
Added on October 30, 2009

Author

Colm Burke
Colm Burke

Writing
Smile Smile

A Poem by Colm Burke