Rest

Rest

A Poem by from İçel
"

Besides our core human desire to simply be happy, what else drives us?

"

Mankind never ceases to strive

From quarrel to love

From war to peace

From rebels to friends

From pain to release

From stress to relief

His quest, is rest.

© 2012 from İçel


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
xx
Some might argue that mankind is just driving itself into a pit of destruction and degradation and that all other opinions are simply hopeless expressions of optimism - but I agree with this poem's message, that really, all men, sound of mind and sensible, strive to better themselves and the conditions they are in.

This was a simple, gentle poem, and though the contrast between /bad/ and /good/ things is apparent in every line, you make the contrast smooth and flowing, not harsh or anything for mere effect.

A pleasure to read. :) Keep writing!

-Mina

Posted 12 Years Ago


Truth in twenty nine words .. a ladder to the stars and more.

Posted 12 Years Ago


An eloquent summation of the eternal Alpha-Omega pendulum which is Life: always wrapped up in busy-ness, when all he seeks is rest. Nice thought.

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

80 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 6, 2012
Last Updated on March 6, 2012

Author

from İçel
from İçel

Saint Paul, MN



About
Degree in Applied Linguistics, English teacher in Turkey, husband to a goddess, poet, writer, professional consumer of all things cheesy, and hopefully one day I may make a living from what I write. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..