Summer Night

Summer Night

A Story by Eliza Doug
"

Just a beginning of a story that could go anywhere!

"
Chirps of crickets and the flickering of firefly lights set the tone for the hot June night. A tiny cool breeze twirls around the trees and makes them dance in the dark. Long, slender legs stay folded against the gritty concrete, goosebumps lightly decorating the skin. Pajama shorts are rumpled from the recent tossing and turning of a dreamer that can't sleep. Dark hair blend with the sky and earth, tickling the tan shoulders. Glassy eyes are upturned to the sky with the bare neck stretched up to the see clearly. The blanket of stars that wrap around her small town that make her part connected with the rest of the world, not just the tiny Iowa town. With her blanket of wonder, she could imagine how big the world was while still anchoring her to the present.
A loud crash extinguished the heavy silence of the small town neighborhood. The girl's head whipped toward the noise, just a few meters in front of her. The stars whispered her attention back but the girl's curiosity is overpowering. A silhouette of a figure trying to mount their bike again. 
"Sorry, sorry, sorry! God, I'm such an idiot. So sorry!" a male's voice called in an embarrassed tone. 

© 2019 Eliza Doug


Author's Note

Eliza Doug
Plot suggestions or any suggestions in general are welcome!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Keep it in your head and keep working it. You have a good start. Develop your character, name her and move her into the next part of her "life".

Posted 4 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Eliza Doug

4 Years Ago

Thank you for the advice! I'm a young writer and don't have much experience but I'll try my best!
Lea Sheryn

4 Years Ago

You're welcome. The more you write, the more experience you will get. Also make it fun! :-))

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

73 Views
1 Review
Added on June 11, 2019
Last Updated on June 13, 2019

Author

Eliza Doug
Eliza Doug

About
Too young to be serious Too old to be carefree Small-town student I enjoy fantasy and adventure! more..