" The Little Drummer boy "

" The Little Drummer boy "

A Story by The Unknown Sith

"Pa-rum-pa-pa-pum"

 I was the kid at the bus stop with high tops and the ankle high red striped tube sock. When we used to play cassettes in a boom box. I was a Heinz 57' mutt with a bowl cut. A lone wolf who acted like he was raised by such. When we use to brown bag lunch. 

   I'm at the corner store with a quarter in my pocket on a summer day to play spyhunter at the general store's arcade. To me life was good. Mom did Avon and Daddy hauled wood. One time for my birthday, my dad cut out fishes from a sheet of metal which me and my friends blindly fished out by a wooden fishing pole with a magnet attached; from the bathroom tube. We were poor, but I was rich in love.

   This is before you needed to lock your door. When you would go out to play till dark as long as you finished your chores. When we use to go down to a muddy pond and catch unsuspecting frogs in an over-sized net or sled down the snowy hill, take a spill, and run back up it again. When we used to pretend we could be anything and we believed it was as real as Santa Claus.


"Roses are red, violets are blue, I reach up into the sky and pull down the moon for you!"

   I used to love it when my daughter put on her daddy's shoes. She would slide them across the floor as if they were boats washing up upon the shore. I used to love it when my son was given a surprise. His eyes got 10 inches wide as he locked them with mine to see daddy's reply. Which was in the dad's 101 class on how to overreact. Later, me and the kids would get picture from the booth at the mall. I told my kids a midget was drawing our pictures from the in side, as they tried to get me to admit it was a lie. I used to love it when my daughter was shy and when we walked she was glued to daddy's side. 


"the futures so bright...

    I'm an addict who doesn't mind relapsing into memories of what used to be. The glass is half full to me. Even in a future of uncertainty that maybe dark and unforeseen. I use memories as a beacon of hope. Lighting the path that is less traveled. I do not fear the silence as I walk to the beat of my own drum "Pa-rum-pa-pa-pum, rum pum pum pum, rum pum pum pum."

by the unknown sith 

© 2024 The Unknown Sith


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

87 Views
Added on December 18, 2023
Last Updated on April 14, 2024

Author

The Unknown Sith
The Unknown Sith

Maryville, TN



About
My writing are like scabs, I can't stop picking at them, The deeper I read, the more they bleed, I am forever a starving artist. more..

Writing