Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Winter's Chill

Winter's Chill

A Poem by R.T. Edwins
"

just a free form poem I wrote.

"
Snow. Ice and wind. And among it all… a feeling of doubt. Melancholy and the lurking threat of hopelessness.
Repetition. Over and over again, until all has become numb. Toiling under the cold winter’s sun and yet, a hope for spring still burns within.
A hope for brighter times and more fruitful labor. A hope for meaning and a desire for life renewed.
Must persevere, must continue on. The wind is blowing, trying to steal the warmth, but it will not prevail.
The flame burns still, yet it flickers in the cold, threatening to blow out.  I’ll hold it close and keep it alive.
 Long enough to spark the beacon ahead. The beacon that will melt winter’s frost and cast away the shadows of doubt.
All is growing dark now, but the flame will guide. Moving onward through the snow, ice and wind… I head towards destiny."

© 2013 R.T. Edwins


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

175 Views
Added on January 2, 2013
Last Updated on January 2, 2013

Author

R.T. Edwins
R.T. Edwins

Plymouth, MN



About
I am currently working as a paralegal in the intellectual property field, but my passion, drive and dream is to become a successful author. I have one novel published and am currently editing my secon.. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by R.T. Edwins