Longing

Longing

A Poem by Dove
"

I have no clue what the name of this poem should be

"

Down

Down

Down

                To the ground I go

                As you use your deadly force

Drip

Drip

Drip

                 As I stare at your face

                 The blood leaves mine

Crunch

Crunch

Crunch

                  That’s the sound of my bones breaking              

                   As you punish me with your strength

Help

Help

Help

                 I scream praying someone would come

                 But no one ever did

Stop

Stop

Stop    

                I look in your eyes and beg

                But that’s just making you madder

Stop moving

Stop moving

Stop moving

                         I think to myself

                         Maybe if I play dead he will stop

Dream

Dream

Dream

                Out cold I was

                As you were punishing me

Awake

Awake

Awake

                Where am I?

               … Alive… at home… in hell

Damn

Damn

Damn

              This time I didn’t die

               I bet next time I will

             

 

 

© 2011 Dove


Author's Note

Dove
trust me i know this poem is really stupid nor does it make sense but whatever. Dont be to harsh

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I would suggest maybe; 'Cycle of Tears', 'Longing', or 'Is This the End' for possible titles.

No it isn't stupid. It's actually very sad and ugly. The poem is well written and I like the style that you use. It flows downward, pulling the reader with it, immersing them in the story as much as the words themselves. This is a familiar tale, of someone, a child, a spouse, being abused by someone at home who should really be protecting and cherishing them. The narrator's longing for death, release from the cycle of abuse is heartbreaking. Using first person pov drives the story of this poem home.

The most chilling lines are; " I look in your eyes and beg, but that’s just making you madder."

They put the viewer in the shoes of the attacker and I find that very disturbing, as I am not the sort of person who could abuse another so. The thought of someone actually begging me to stop hurting them is sickening. So yea, lots of emotion in this piece. You did a good job.

Be well.

-Caradoc

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

"Where am I?
… Alive… at home… in hell"
These lines gave me goosebumps.
Wonderfully written and it is sad than stupid.
Your work is great.
Thank you for sharing.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Very sad poem, sad that some can relate. You wrote this well and the formatting does have a certain draw.Thank you for the read, sad as it may be.

Posted 11 Years Ago


This poem is one that is easily visualized and sadly one people can relate to...

Posted 12 Years Ago


:( Sad and emotional piece. Wonderfully written and not stupid at all!! Very chilling!

Posted 12 Years Ago


omg this is so intense! I'm not sure if this piece is about abuse or what? I found it all a bit shocking really. I guess that's a powerful reaction from your audience, if that is what you are going for.

Posted 12 Years Ago


I skipped the first poem because I've been seeing a lot of hate poems lately:) Would I be too harsh if I said I broke out laughing at first glance of this poem? --ooops, I guess it's too late to ask that. I didn't laugh because it was stupid, but because I wondered who could ever think of something so original as this. An effective poem is one that speaks to the reader --and this one speaks so well, it makes perfect sense --very, very nicely done.

Posted 12 Years Ago


This is a haunting poem, but I like the rhythm. Well done :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


I don't find this poem to be stupid, I feel the pain it symbolizes. You have expressed yourself, and that is the nature of poetry...expression. Some tend to believe poetry has but one style, but it takes many form and styles. This is just one of it's many masks. I won't suggest a title as it is your piece. What I do suggest, if you seek another then sit and think about it over time and I think one will find you.

Crow


Posted 12 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1045 Views
19 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 9, 2011
Last Updated on October 9, 2011

Author

Dove
Dove

Antioch, CA



About
I will forever be a mystery more..

Writing
My Abuse My Abuse

A Poem by Dove



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Lost Lost

A Poem by MusicLove93