Thunders Roar

Thunders Roar

A Story by phosphene
"

Summer was when we met, Fall is when we separated, And the end of Winter will be when I return to you.

"

Alone in her dark room, she laid there silently on her bed big enough for two and did not even stir as she listened to the rain fall from the sky. It was the first rain of Fall following a long, dry season of summer. She had woken up to the unfamiliar sound and the unfamiliar cold. She wasn’t prepared for the weather to change so fast and so suddenly. Somehow, overnight, the weather became drastically colder than the day before. She felt a raindrop fall to her face and she examined the ceiling for a while in the dark to find the source of the sneaky rain to drop in. There was none and the rain silently and stealthily continued to fall on her face.  

Fall decided to stay for as many days as there were raindrops that fell on the earth and she lost count of how many there were after the first day. As the following days of Fall continued to rain, she still could not find the source of the rain seeping in through her ceiling. If one more day it rained as heavily as it did since the beginning of fall, there would had been enough rain to flood her room, her home, and her life.

Fall quickly changed into Winter and the raining was replaced with the bitterness and the amplified cold. She had a tough time struggling with the weather in fall and found it gruesome to survive in the winter; she was never used to such coldness. Goosebumps rose on her arms as she tried to keep warm in her thin cotton, long-sleeve top. With her eyes looking up in front of her she never noticed the puddle, so cold was it that it turned to ice, on the ground and slipped and fell. A man had witnessed her fall. He got out of his car and helped her on her feet.  

“How do you feel?” He asked as he wrapped her cold and glass-like body with the warmth of his jacket and the warmth of his arms.

She felt the heat from him wake her heart up and said, “As if Summer never left.”

© 2014 phosphene


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

86 Views
Added on September 26, 2014
Last Updated on September 26, 2014
Tags: feelings, emotions, ldr, long distance, adolescence

Author

phosphene
phosphene

CA



About
Sharing the machinations of my mind with those wanting to listen. more..