Nether Realm

Nether Realm

A Story by Intrepid

I persisted arrogantly, disregarding any forethought of discontinuing my ventures into such an unforgiving realm. The knowledge of potential inaccessibility and unwanted disclosure fortified the entropy of my mind into a formidable chapter of resilient pursuance that I had almost unwillingly became a victim to. Reality as I perceived always beckoned uncertainty; but at this moment my assumptions became undoubted fallacies. All at once my life coincided into a mystery that appeared ex nihilo in nature. The observing glance emitting from my person - my very essence of existence - delivered the most unrighteous of realizations. I turned immediately without apparent reason and peered with darkened eyes of misfortunate into my reflection. “You.”, is the first thing that came to mind, but in a way far from what basic human comprehension. Locked on the convergence of my collar bone (with this enchanted stare) I could only take notice of one thing. The shadowy fixtures of this observation became unlocked as the rest of what spiritual and physical feelings I had were overcome with horrific sensation. Seeing the shadowy eyes of what was once someone that I considered to be - the dark residue of a statue that I had upheld with pride - came crashing down as the sky would if Prometheus were to stomp with all of his fiery might. Identity became a matter of so much more than my self-sustained ego - for the confrontation of true knowledge seared my mind and any other metaphysical senses to the point of complete abandonment of self-departure. Reconciling these actions as if I had obtained the answer I began to recoil into the sheath of wisdom that was present for reasons still unknown to me. The life I once viewed as my own became totally and utterly distorted as the chronological memories of my past, one by one, slipped beneath my grasp of understanding. Apparent was it that I knew, but for me to apprehend this knowledge? What such foolery has become of this coherency? The fabric of every priceless value and moral and standard and notion that had ever seemed to exist as a product of pure innate curiosity gathered as to seemingly reveal some mystical enlightenment that I had been anticipating, but yet only to shatter at the very grimace appropriated by my soulless body at that moment. The insidious nature of such disturbance became inherent as I declared insanity. But as in doing so a paradoxical moment occurred once more in the cosmic void that housed this instance - one that bestowed upon me the drive to depart fully from this venture.


The need for reasoning behind the basic questions that haunted my mind is detrimental. The human capability is lame in most theosophical aspects, for unanswered questions will forever loom within the air that we breathe. Humanity itself has not lost its ability to understand, for the ability to understand is a cyclical phenomenon that consumes the thought-bearer with the very notion of the possibility of understanding. The limitless digest of the void that once consumed all that was to know has now receded into a cave of hollowing despair, for the true realization of life’s most glorious mysteries comes with the declaration of helplessness and impermanence. This world has produced us to bear its fruits harmonically and to question such existence is to tamper with one’s own life. Doing so is to ultimately separate from this sensitive reality. It is to drift with only the knowledge of self-blame into the black sea of demoralizing ignorance - for exposure to the true nature of our existence is to gain experience in the destruction of our souls. For me, my venture is discontinued.

© 2015 Intrepid


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Very heavy in descriptive text. the style I felt was very reminiscent of H.P. Lovecraft or Poe. It gave a great feeling that this piece could have quite easily have been written in Edwardian or Victorian times; ie, It did not belong here and now, but rather belonged to bygone days.

Not a bad thing by any means. unique, you definitely have a talent for giving your character great depth and complexity.

Posted 8 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

104 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on October 20, 2015
Last Updated on October 20, 2015
Tags: insanity, death, nether, chaos, philosophy, theosophy, life, understanding, unknown, supernatural, ignorance

Author