Numb

Numb

A Story by GhostlyAuthor

i am sitting outside in the middle of the street,staring at the sky. a car honks as it swerves around me . i wish it had hit me. cold raindrops landed on my face as i watched the gray exspanse above me. the sky looks flat with no clouds, gray like twilight. the air is sharp,..crisp and cold."why?" i yell at the world. "why?"it echoed back. it seemed to taunt at me. "why did you take him and not me too?"i whisper into the air, finally saying the words out loud. "he was right next to me. it was my fault he died." after another car veers around me, i stand up, giving up my attempt to die...for now.

 

i walk home in the gray drizzle. it's a Friday, so my mother isn't home from work yet. the school bus has just arrived. some of my friends have spotted me walking home.

i'll probably have to explain why i wasn't at school for a week,didn't answer their calls and emails, and my mother kept telling them i wasn't home.i might make up an excuse like i was sick or on vacation. i don't want to face them, with all their 'i'm so sorry''s and "what can i do?', they'll only remind  me more of what happened. i wish i'd managed to kill myself before now. more than thirty people die every day, but i can't seem to be one of them.  



 

TO BE CONTINUED.........

© 2013 GhostlyAuthor


Author's Note

GhostlyAuthor
thanks for reading, please leave comments. sorry i haven't been updating. I've been busy with my group, Thread Heads. if you want to join, you can. updates will be few and far between.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Your main character's personality reflects the title, she's a "shade of grey", but that's a good thing in this case. Keeps it interesting


Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I'm hooked!! What happens next?

Posted 12 Years Ago


You are an amazing writer. I think that your words will take you far.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

yea, i do like suspense, it's great for keeping people reading

Posted 12 Years Ago


interesting but you like to keep people hanging, don't you.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

286 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 25, 2012
Last Updated on February 18, 2013
Tags: sad, Numb, death, shock, grief, empty, depression

Author

GhostlyAuthor
GhostlyAuthor

NC



About
I love to write and hope you enjoy reading my work. more..

Writing
Clouds Clouds

A Poem by GhostlyAuthor