Sin Amor

Sin Amor

A Stage Play by tiggerluhoo
"

This is a melodramatic monologue of a teenage girl venting her feelings of high school love to her little sister in the form of a bedtime story. The best way to do this is to get into it and act!

"
Are you ready for storytime tonight little sister? Good. Tonight I am going to tell you one about myself. Don’t question, just listen.
I’m standing on the edge of the cliff. My hair is flowing behind me as the wind rushes past. I am on Mt. Sin’Amor, standing tall and proud. Below is the Enchanted Valley, where all of my female friends frolic and play, in a dazed euphoria of love. The Boys are down there also, chasing after girls, kissing some, flirting with others. Some girls are alone, admiring their love in sadness that they aren’t the one’s in his arms. I am not moved by these things. I’ve thrown myself off this cliff too many times, and I know what will occur.
I am standing on the Cliff, observing the others, proud to be on Mt. Sin’Amor, for it is a long and arduous climb to the top, filled with trials and turmoil. But then I hear a voice calling you, echoing throughout the land. It is him, the one you could never have. His voice entices you and he hails “Please come down. I will catch you, I promise. It’s better down here, you’ll see.” His words fill my head, and you begin to forget all the times I’ve thrown myself off the cliff and paid for it. I realize I’m not happy up here all alone. You’re other friends join in with them, telling me to jump, to come have fun. Slowly I sidle toward the edge of the cliff. I’m not thinking about all the other times, all I know is that I do want to be down there, I do want to be with him. So without thinking, I throw myself off the cliff and into his arms. He catches me, and for a while I’m blind to that voice in my head saying that it won’t last. I’m happy, and in love. Then, without warning, he sees another girl in the shadows, whom he thinks is more dazzling then me. He leaves me alone, saying we weren’t meant to be, that I’m good enough, or not even saying anything at all, and goes after her. I’m devestated. Once again I fell into the trap. That trap of love, that everyone falls into time and time again. Once again, I swear I’ll will get to the top of Mt. Sin’Amor and stay there, a proud ruler. The journey is long, and I nearly don’t make it. But I do, and get up to the top, smirking at everyone down below, and their naive assumptions, love and heartbreak. I laugh when other’s get their heart broke, for they were the one’s who let themselves fall. Do you understand what I’m warning you about??? Do you!? You musn’t let yourself fall into the arms of love, it only ends in wounds and tears. You must stand on top of the mountain, where you can laugh in the face of love and  keep your heart safe. My heart’s safe isn’t it like this? No one will ever get it! EVER!! (Almost hysterically) Not even that Jerkface (Insert name here).
What? (pauses) No this isn’t something you should be concerned with sis. Why would you? Yes, I’m done with the story. Goodnight!

© 2012 tiggerluhoo


Author's Note

tiggerluhoo
I'd love if you could rate this, and would love to hear if you use this for an audition, talent show, etc... Please don't use this as your own work though, I'd like credit. I would love to hear feedback also! :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Stage Play?
Login | Register




Reviews

I LOVE how you put the whole thing in a bedtime story format. That made it very interesting and original. I love your work.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Such an emotional read, this tugs. Awesome write.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I can see her emotions through these words, and I love the metaphor

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

165 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 18, 2012
Last Updated on February 18, 2012

Author

tiggerluhoo
tiggerluhoo

Roosevelt, UT



About
I'm an outgoing actor/piano teacher/high school student/ writer/ Mad Hatter Fanatic!! Mad Hatter is my inspiration, and my only true love (for now) My favorite book genres include some sci-fi, futuris.. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by tiggerluhoo