ANYWAY

ANYWAY

A Story by G
"

A short short.

"

Under all this, my burdens and misfortunes I seem to remember a story.  A story about a bird.
“I don’t know, just a bird, any bird, to be specific a canary bird.

Anyway this bird fell out the nest.”

 “I don’t know why, it was doing its bird thing, maybe it didn’t listen to mama bird, maybe it tried to fly and found out it couldn’t. “

Anyway the bird fell plop. I don’t know how many birds have you heard fall. That’s the sound they make plop. Anyway the bird fell and couldn’t get up. “Chirp chirp chirp.“ That the sound they say the bird make if birds could talk.

 “I don’t know, the infamous they.”

Anyway the bird fell and it couldn’t get up. The ground was cold. “
Why do you think the ground was cold?  It was winter. “

 As the story goes a cow comes and dumps on the poor bird. It could have been a goat or a horse, I chose cow. I misremember the story.                          

“Oh yes, misremember is a word I heard someone use it  once. How would I know if they were an English professor.”

 “ What’s with the eleven and a half questions you trying to make detective?”

Anyway under this pile of cow dung, the bird starts to get warm and starts to sing. It gets eaten by a cat, the bird.  No, not my cat , my cat never leaves the house. I think thats why it tries to kill me.  Anyway under my burdens and misfortunes I don’t sing I remember the bird.

 

© 2008 G


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

109 Views
Added on December 22, 2008

Author

G
G

Brooklyn, NY



About
They say there is a thin line between insanity and well, sanity, ha, ha fooled you, can't always anticipate the mind of a creator. more..

Writing
S CLAWS S CLAWS

A Poem by G


THAT TIME OF YEAR THAT TIME OF YEAR

A Poem by G


we forget we forget

A Poem by G