a letter to the man i love

a letter to the man i love

A Poem by carmen
"

je t'aime a mort

"
dearest,

i love you so much it feels as though my heart is going to burst into a million pieces. you're gone, this i know, and you're never coming back, but darling, i can't help loving you. they shot you down outside the movies so many years ago and i can't help feeling the immense pain that shoots through my chest when i think of you lying there, bleeding out in the street. 

three bullets was all it took to gun you down.

there are times where i'd love to go and meet you on the other side of the kaleidoscope, but i'm afraid you won't be there, smoking a cigarette with a smirk on your face as the pretty neon lights flash around the void. i'm sure you're somewhere in the night sky looking down on the world you intended to rule someday and i'm sure you're not looking for me. why would you?

oh, but i miss you. i miss you so much my heart aches and i know that i will love others, but i will never love them the way i love you. sweetheart, all i want is to just be with you and make you happy. chase my sorrows away and i'll never betray you, i promise.

those nights spent running from the law would have been spent in joy had i been there with you. i would drop everything and just go with you, you know that? i would never tell a soul where we were and i would never let them take you away. i would go down in a hail of bullets with you, dear. always remember that.

i'll love you forever and always, honey.

love,
your girl

© 2017 carmen


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

109 Views
Added on March 2, 2017
Last Updated on March 2, 2017
Tags: sad, grunge, love, letter

Author

carmen
carmen

MI



About
electrify me, daddy more..

Writing