Nothing Else Can

Nothing Else Can

A Poem by Choosing Life

There are days like today when I haven’t heard his voice but all day long I felt so very close to him. Like now for instance there is this grin that keeps blossoming into this silly school girl smile. The thoughts I have of him seem to be subliminal as each step I take seems to have a purpose that keeps me connected to him.  I wonder what it means exactly. I wake up and every day I think of him or feel him but sometimes the miss gets in the way and I feel a bit down, a bit heavy, a bit drained and when I am like that I forget this feeling I have right now. Not totally, but in the way you only half remember a face when the time stretches out for too long before you see it again.

 

But today is different, as soon as I woke up I was energized and something inside me ignited a charge that kept me a float on our love. Our connection through time and space seems so concrete that the doubts that are created through silence and distance are obsolete.  They are banished from my psyche and there is only this glow that reminds me of the perfect sunshiny day. It is as if a hint of his smile is resting on me and I feel tickled from within. Giddy, even.

 

The peace that I experience when I am under the sound of his voice or the delight that comes from his touch is with me right now. I wonder on days such as these, what is in his heart or head. I wonder are we touching spiritually. If somehow he feels this, the way I do. Maybe his smile is growing into a chuckle as mind becomes a giggle. Maybe our souls are meeting and touching even as I think it. Maybe he knows what I feel and I am feeling what he knows. Maybe just maybe, today his steps have been lighter as mine have because of what we share.

 

To simply say I love him would be defeating the truest essence of what I feel and think about him in this instance.  He amazes me but doesn’t leave me in a maze. He finds me and in some ways I find completion in the thought of him. As if he is what fables are made of, myths of old are told to make sense of what I am taken away by at this moment.

 

I know love because I know him. He must have been formed in it more than the dust of this earth. God must have said he should capture my thoughts so perfectly and make them light and easy, almost like the wishes that travel on the petals of the dandelions. He makes me dream again in ways that I had long given up on. Yet in him dreams become breathing living things. I smile at that thought alone, although so many more thoughts are brewing.

 

Across the ocean my heart beats in the sand. I am not without him for in the parts of me that matter most, he is here. My smile wears his name and my laughter awakes for him. Tears applaud him clapping joyously against my face and I taste the bitter sweetness of absence making my heart grow fonder. And if miles and silence can not muffle out this light I come to carry because of him I think nothing else will or can.

© 2008 Choosing Life


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews



With the splendor of the strength of a lover, you have expressed with such eloquence a love that shows two spirits joining as one. These are beautiful sentiments to the one you adore! ~ Jude :-) xo

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Wow....I don't know if anybody should even be blessed enough to read these thoughts. I wonder....

does he know? And if he does, I wonder how much he yearns to say the exact SAME THINGS.

Dope, dope....thought/write, etc....

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

135 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on September 12, 2008

Author

Choosing Life
Choosing Life

Closer To Me...Nearer to Thee



About
I work and go to school fulltime so sometimes I have to post and run. It is just me and my little Yorkie, Prissy~ I could say more but no need... Read me and know me... Be Well. If you just must kno.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Hush Your Heart Hush Your Heart

A Poem by Bubo