It always rains in Brittany

It always rains in Brittany

A Poem by tlaner

I remember the way it used to feel.
The unending happiness that once was shared despite your tormented memories of unwanted hands, and faces that sinisterly caressed you.
You hate the rain, but your life was always full of it. The beach, house, street, your face and eyes full of the rain.
Those small reminders battering your mind, the constant fear of being alone, my warm embrace was only used.
Merely a shell of your wants and desire. I cannot fill your life anymore, I cannot give that warmth, I cannot change the world, and I cannot heal the wounds that make you recoil from touch. Mine was forgiveness, mine was grief, mine was that which you coveted with false promises.
You watch and splash with delight, but never know the damage that you brought. The rain is temporary and fades with a smile. The stains remain tattered, hoping, wanting yet never receiving your admiration. It was but a false hope of desire, small drops of lust, and dust swept away now buried within the mist that adorns your heart. The callous life I hate, is the one you drowned me in. 

© 2012 tlaner


Author's Note

tlaner
I have no idea.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

72 Views
Added on December 26, 2012
Last Updated on December 26, 2012

Author

tlaner
tlaner

Mainz, Rhineland-Pfalz , Germany



About
I am a foreigner lost in Germany. I am a student and an Editor for a company here. I stopped writing a while back, but I believe I should start again. more..

Writing
Conceded Conceded

A Poem by tlaner


Shifting Shifting

A Poem by tlaner


These moments These moments

A Poem by tlaner