One Man's Struggle

One Man's Struggle

A Story by tlhisler
"

moved by music

"
One man's struggle is another man's inspiration. I can see it. There's a light in front of me. This abyss deep within my soul calls me sweetly. It lures me with each stroke of the piano key. The music brushes my cheek and it's all I can do from closing my eyes and swaying at the edge of insanity. I cry in this box of thick glass and it vibrates against the walls toward my skin. The world has died and have been stripped of love and living.
Why was I left? Why am I alone to survive dystopia.
Alone, surrounded by  leafless trees and shrubs. The grass is gone with just the presence of dust and tears. Like the color drained from my eyes, life has lost it's vibrancy. There far in the sky is the light. From my touch taunting and laughing, and agony isn't a word to match the lack of hope I feel through the fibers of who I use to be. 
I call for fire to build and bring me up. Shatter the world around me. Sink the Island I am on. Moaning is the only sound leaving my lips. Please find me. Do you care? Bring back radiance, bring back joy from this bleak world. 
It's not for me that I cry. It' s for those suffering from my touch. I am here! I am begging, pleading and bleeding to be heard. Don't. Don't. Don't.
I am on the edge of insanity. A tunnel above me. Hope dangling on a thread. I'm not alone. I know it. I can't see you. I can't hear you. I know that like me through fake smiles and empty laughter you stand on the other side of the mirror weeping to splinter the cage your in.  
Break it. Shatter! Splinter your hands! Escape and grab that rope. Climb and climb ignore the bloody hands. Push through screaming pain burning throughout you arms. The lights there. If I can't make it then you do! Just bring back the hues that use to exist. Hug onto joy. If I don't make it hold on for yourself. So that through you I may live. May my struggle be your inspiration as you are mine. 

© 2016 tlhisler


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

144 Views
Added on March 26, 2016
Last Updated on March 26, 2016

Author

tlhisler
tlhisler

ME



About
I'm 26 years old. I love anything that has to do with creativity, writing and art. I love day dreaming and reading. I always wanted to write growing up I was greatly discourage to do so by family. It .. more..

Writing
Just Save One Just Save One

A Story by tlhisler


Why This? Why This?

A Poem by tlhisler