Self Portrait #2

Self Portrait #2

A Poem by Taylor Nicole

She wonders about the grass and the clouds- she finds the smallest things and asks them to occupy her thoughts. There is a constant bantering, knocking around side to side. Her breaths are even and she is in that state of peace right before sleep when you don't feel that your muscles are anchored by your bones. Maybe this is the time of utter clarity when all is still just a slight bit fuzzy around the edges. It is as though you are looking through old lenses, your eyes have changed but the prescription glass still changes the green shapes to beautiful crisp leaves in the spring. Her favorite smell surrounds her- the lavender mixed with vanilla wrapping it's soft tendrils around her lulling her into deeper depths of endless dreams. Her thoughts never cease, they thrive off the complete peace at which her body lay. The gears still spin with blinding speed, though all is silent. The thoughts navigate the destination of her dreams. They don't know if she'll ever wake from this perceptive view of the life she lives. The days pass slow but she always wonders about the endless possibilities this world has to offer.  

© 2013 Taylor Nicole


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

56 Views
Added on November 7, 2013
Last Updated on November 7, 2013

Author

Taylor Nicole
Taylor Nicole

About
Quick to get lost in between the pages of a good book-- more..

Writing
Worn Worn

A Poem by Taylor Nicole