Beware of Moses

Beware of Moses

A Story by Tobe Osigwe

I have watched with utter dismay the sorry development in our polity; the emergence of some self styled Moses. Men whom have taken it upon themselves to cry more than the bereaved, men whom have taken it upon themselves to take us to our promise land whether we like it or not, men whom have assigned to themselves the enviable task of being the voice of the voiceless.

However, there is something uncanny about these new kids on the block. Hence, I have decided to pen this piece, to warn my fellow dispossessed and resourcefully unemployed youths that, there is a distinct difference between capital B and the hoof of a bull. That, there is yam in cocoyam does not make cocoyam, yam. That the crocodile is resting on dry land does not make it a terrestrial animal. That because you have fallen out of power, and "your daughters" are unemployed, does not immediately admit you into our unenviable club.

Therefore, I think it is pertinent, as the Igbo's will succinctly posit; Remove the hand of the monkey from the soup pot before it becomes human hand. It is paramount to remind these new 'Moseses' whom have taken over the cyber space; Twitter, Facebook, Mushroom Blogs and even the pages of the Newspapers and Television, that we know ourselves. We know where the rain started to beat us and we can remember that they were once in a position to provide us succour, but viciously, they to chose to wipe our backs with whips of ignominy.

Yes we are in the trenches, but that does not in any way signify that we are in the asylum suffering memory loss. Our brains and intuition have been made sharp and alert after several years of glorious hardship. So, they should not mistake our silence for consent or our dramatic pause for acceptance. If we are to accept them, there is a standard procedure and due process to follow less they think we are as reprobate as them. This process is called, Restitution.

Firstly, they will sell all the property they amassed in their hay days of bloom. All those posh houses, both within and outside the country, that they bought for their great-great-grand unborn children should be sold. All the money they siphoned and spent with reckless abandon in their prime days of glory and splendour should be vomited. All the mediocres that they employed through the back door as they closed the front door to our meritorious Comrades should be booted out. All the unused estacodes they pilfered, should be returned with the afore-mentioned looted funds to the treasury.

Afterwards, they should apologise to the general public on the pages of Nigerian dailies with a lucid coloured picture of their hair, shaved. They should surrender themselves willingly, after the public apology, to be tried in any Federal High Court of their choice. After their sentence is fully served, they should return to there respective villages and rest their repented nerves for a cool period of one year, before they join us the rejects of the earth in the trenches, in our ever concerted effort to snatch victory from the hands of the "Papa Destroying Pikin".

Till they do the above, they are nothing but desperate charlatans trying so hard to find cheap attention through the back door. No, till they do the above, they are nothing but over bloated waste pipes that have an exaggerated image of themselves. No, till they do the above, they should stop over heating the polity with their expired voices in their attempt to find undeserved relevance.

If they think we need energetic radicals, of which we do, they should be told that we are not ready to recruit dirty politicians whom have suddenly gone rogue. Renegades that went rogue not out of repentant heart, but from the sheer reality that they have been outsmarted by their compatriots in destruction. We should be wary of these wolves in sheep clothing, because they have not come to equity with clean hands. Rather, they have come with a heart of vengeance and a hand filled with poisonous venom.

It is true that the enemy of our enemy is our friend. However, I must quickly remind us that there is always an exception to the rule. These political losers are saboteurs that will hijack our victory at the dawn of our freedom and consequently make nonsense of our long years of toils and commitment. It is risky to align forces with men of weak character, men with short memory, men whose morals are as insensitive as their phallus, vindictive men with no sense of remorse.

As a committed and long standing member in the National Association of Unemployed and Dispossessed People of Nigeria, I beseech us at this auspicious moment, not to think with our tummy rather we should think with our brain. I beseech us not to admit this Judases in our glorious midst because they will sell our future and that of our children as they have done in the past for less than one piece of silver. I beseech us not to be entrapped by their nicely tailored hollow words, words of deceit. These political losers are nothing but a refurbishedly expired renegades, the more you look the less you see gangsters, to be consigned into the historical dustbin of oblivion. We should beware of them. Aluta Continua!

© 2013 Tobe Osigwe


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

618 Views
Added on June 8, 2013
Last Updated on June 9, 2013

Author

Tobe Osigwe
Tobe Osigwe

Lagos, south west, Nigeria



About
Tobe Osigwe is Tobe Osigwe. A graduate of Theatre and Film Studies from the prestigious University of Nigeria Nsukka. He is a screenwriter, a poet, a teacher and a film director. You can reach the wri.. more..

Writing