Hate Hate Hate

Hate Hate Hate

A Poem by Todd Kelley
"

Things I hate...

"
 
I love being alone, but I hate being alone in a crowd of people.
 
I hate the music industry. Why is it so hard for me to find the music I want to hear, while you can't get away from the crap the record companies want you to buy. If i have to hear about who's "sittin' on 22's" or who's "chain is hangin' low" one more time, im'a blow my brains out.
 
I hate my mother for instilling me with a conscience and a sense of morality. I wanna be like most other people.
 
I hate Black Licorice.
 
I hate female friends who try to pownce on you when they think your relationship is in trouble.
 
I hate being responsible.
 
I hate money. Why can't I have what I want, when I want it?
 
I love Bit Torrent, because I hate movie prices.
 
I don't "hate" God, but I wish he'd just tell me what to do.
 
I hate "Moments Of Clarity". Ignorance is truly bliss

© 2008 Todd Kelley


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

lol....great minds think alike, man.
Nice.

Posted 11 Years Ago


And I hate that we don't come here with all the answers either, just the questions. If you can appreciate anything. Appreciate that you know what you don't like which can you lead you to what you do. I agree, life needs more substance and it's not in our music, it's not in our society and it's not in many parts of our world. They key is what's most important is ....That it's in you. And that is why you hate everything fake, because you are REAL. Great read.

Posted 15 Years Ago


I don't "hate" God, but I wish he'd just tell me what to do.

I've often heard that we've already made choices. Somehow we have to come back and figure out WHY we made those choices. Almost as if we've been erased, then told to make out the impressions left on the paper to write the story again.

To be able to sit down and write on things that you "hate" can be harder than one expects. There are so many things that bother you.... but what exactly do you hate? Ya know?

I truly liked this.... it had personalization that allowed me to know you more as well.

Bless!

Posted 15 Years Ago


A well written rant that I can relate to. Especially to the part about being alone in crowds. Being alone by myself is much different.

My first reading of any of your poetry, and I truly enjoyed! You have a different style than most writers on WC.

Thanks for sharing!

Posted 16 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

818 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 2, 2008

Author

Todd Kelley
Todd Kelley

San Francisco, CA



About
I hate to call myself a writer. That implies I have some type of 'gift' or some type of 'training'. That is not the case. I'm a creative person who needs to find outlets to express himself. I've never.. more..

Writing