Rewind and Stop: Part 1

Rewind and Stop: Part 1

A Story by TopHatGirl

       I watched the one year old me, shove the cupcake in my face, everyone around me clapping and cheering. Then I noticed something odd. I pressed pause on the DVD remote. I turned around, where my mom was reading the newspaper.
       "Hey, mom?" I asked her.
       "Yeah sweetie?" she distantly said back.
       "Who's that?" I asked.
       "Who's what?" she asked, turning another page on the paper.
       "Him." I said, pointing to a tall, dark skinned man near me, clapping as well. "Is he one of your old restaurant friends?" my mom finally looked up from her newspaper.
       "Oh, him. He's nobody sweetie. Don't worry about it." she said. A little to quickly. But before i could ask more, she got up and announced,"I'm going to the store." I watched her get her purse and rush right out the door. Strange. I sighed and turned off the DVD player, then wandered into my brother's room out of boredom. My brother, Tyson, was on his bed, head banging to Metallica.
        "Knock knock." I said, leaning against his doorway.
        "What do you want?" he asked, annoyed.
        "I'm not here to be the pesky little sister. I want to ask you something." I said, and he turned off his stereo.
        "Shoot."
        "On that DVD of my first birthday, there's a man in that video. Do you know who he is?"  I asked.
        "Might. Describe him."
       "Tall, dark skin, black hair. Kinda looks our skin, except darker. Really dark brown eyes, almost black. Like yours." I list off. Tyson thinks for a minute.
        "I don't know. Have you tried asking mom?" he asked.
        "First person I asked. She got all weird and said he was nobody. Then rushed out the door to go to the grocery." Tyson raises an eyebrow.
        "That's weird, Mom is always honest with us." he says.
        "Well, how do we find out who he was?" I ask. My brother thinks. 
        "I got it! You know how super organized Mom is?" he asks.
        "Yeahhhh...." I say, wondering where this is going.
        "Well, at every party she's hosted, she's had a guestbook. Every. Single. Party." he explained. I got where he was heading.
        "So we check the guestbook from the birthday party?" I ask.
       
 
       
      

© 2010 TopHatGirl


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

173 Views
Added on February 3, 2010
Last Updated on February 3, 2010

Author

TopHatGirl
TopHatGirl

[Redacted], NV



About
Hi, I'm TopHatGirl! If you're here about my character lessons or to get some advice, email me instead of messaging at [email protected]. This is because I don't go on this site as much anym.. more..

Writing
chapter one chapter one

A Chapter by TopHatGirl


chapter two chapter two

A Chapter by TopHatGirl