Misfortune Miranda, Part I

Misfortune Miranda, Part I

A Story by TopHatGirl
"

A girl who has terrible misfortune is forced to keep having different lifetimes throughout a year.

"
      January 4th. Life one.

 
I hug my books to my chest tightly with one arm. I walk with my head low, staring at my feet. School was back from winter break. Joy, oh joy. This break hadn't been particularly good either. I broke my arm, and my mother's in rehab for her alcohol addiction. This is not my...lifetime. I've had bad luck ever since I was born. Most call me Misfortune Miranda, or Misfortune for short. Which is understandable. I walk up to my locker, and pray that it works. I fiddle the dial, and enter the combo.
    "47...32...9..." I mumble to myself, and attempt to open the locker. It doesn't budge. I try it again. No dice. I scream in my mind and bang on the locker. Penny appears behind me.
    "Locker troubles again, Misfortune?" she asks. I laugh. Penny knows of many such times.
    "Yeah, can you help me out?" I ask. Penny is my only friend in this school. It's the only luck that's come my way. Penny twists the dial, and the locker swings open. She's memorized my combo from the many times she's had to open it.
     "Voila. Now hurry up, we're almost late for P.E." she says, and I quickly put my backpack in my locker. I grab my books and we rush to class.

       Ms. Cork blows on her whistle, making everyone deaf. Penny and I covered our ears.
     "20 LAPS EVERYONE! NOW GO!" she yelled, and we all groaned and began jogging. She kept screaming at us, and I decided that this was not going to be a good day.

© 2010 TopHatGirl


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

122 Views
Added on February 20, 2010
Last Updated on February 20, 2010

Author

TopHatGirl
TopHatGirl

[Redacted], NV



About
Hi, I'm TopHatGirl! If you're here about my character lessons or to get some advice, email me instead of messaging at [email protected]. This is because I don't go on this site as much anym.. more..

Writing
chapter one chapter one

A Chapter by TopHatGirl


chapter two chapter two

A Chapter by TopHatGirl