Twirling Around Different Choices

Twirling Around Different Choices

A Story by TopHatGirl
"

There's always a girl after your guy.

"
      I shut my eyes tight, and clench my fist. I sucked in my breath once more, and stretched out my fingers again. I step out onto the stage, and join the others. If you're wondering, I'm not that blonde bombshell with the solo. I'm the klutzy chorus girl who has braces and pink hair. Another background prop. The other soloist, Jax Taner, the only male soloist, I might add, joined the blonde beauty for the last song. To make it worse, Jax was my best friend. What a crappy way to end the school year. A school musical. Kate, the blonde chick, leaned in for their spectacular kiss. I close my eyes again, not wanting to see their lips touch.
      I wish I could fast forward through the after-party. My mom saying that I was great, even though I had zero lines. The family trip to Subway after wards, but I can't. I had to go through with that. But you don't have to.
      There's a drama club field trip to Disneyland every year. Actually, this is the last year we're going to do it, because funding sucks in my state. Jax said that we were going to sit together, but when I get on the bus at 5am, I see he's sitting next to Kate. He mouths a 'sorry' at me, and I see in his eyes that he really means it. I shrug, to say,'hey, I'm just your best friend, not your babysitter'. I instead sit in the back, next to Molly Harper, who talks the whole time about how excited she is. I just stare out the window.
     When we get off, Jax heads over to me.
     "Hey, everyone wants to go on the big roller-coaster first. I was thinking the teacups. There's no line this early," he says, and I nod. As we line up for the teacups, I forget about the musical, Kate, and the worst school year so far.
      But then who should walk up behind us in the line? You got it. Kate. She gave a flirty smile to Jax, and twirled her hair.
       "Hey, JaxxiePooh, I was wondering if you wanted to go on that couples ride over there with me," she says, purposely not looking at me. I clench my fists. Why would I care if he went? I could read a book instead. I can go without my friend. Who cares? Who cares? Who-
       "No thanks, I'm gonna go on this ride with Haylie here," he says, glancing at me. I didn't say a word, but my crossed arms and superior smirk said,'Yeah, b***h. He's with me.'  "I'll go with you afterwards," he said, and my smirk melted off. I uncrossed my arms, and Kate smiled brightly. The line starts moving again, and we get on the blue teacup, buckle up, and listen to the employee drone about the safety rules.Then the ride starts.
       We spin round and round, quickly turning the wheel in the middle as fast as we can. we both laugh as loud as we can, having a blast just spinning forever. The sun is getting higher in the sky, and it reflects off of my shoulders. All I can hear is Jax's laughter, and mine.
        As soon as we step off, my head whirls in circles. I'm a little loopy, trying to find balance. I loose my footing, and I fall into Jax, brain still spinning.
        "Whoa..." I say, then giggle uncontrollably. He joins in. When I'm no longer dizzy, I remember I'm still in Jax's arms. I tilt my head up, and he lowers his. And...

 
         And maybe this school year wasn't so bad after all.

© 2010 TopHatGirl


Author's Note

TopHatGirl
Read, rate, review.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I loved it to the very basic plot line! It was pectacular! SWEET AS, BRO! I especially enjoyed the ending - I think I am a sucker for sweet as endings.

Posted 13 Years Ago


sweet story. Smooth flow, interesting female character who doesn't say much but speaks volumes. Nice read, but I think I'm gonna get a cavity.... lol

Posted 13 Years Ago


aww! cute! a little confusing at the beginning but overall well done :)

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

164 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 3, 2010
Last Updated on September 3, 2010

Author

TopHatGirl
TopHatGirl

[Redacted], NV



About
Hi, I'm TopHatGirl! If you're here about my character lessons or to get some advice, email me instead of messaging at [email protected]. This is because I don't go on this site as much anym.. more..

Writing
chapter one chapter one

A Chapter by TopHatGirl


chapter two chapter two

A Chapter by TopHatGirl