Jenkins: The Mangled Lips, Part 3

Jenkins: The Mangled Lips, Part 3

A Story by Darren Welsh
"

This could be the last Jenkins story. I'm not sure. Edit: I'm sure, this is the end.

"

Turnip obliged and t-boned the slower car into an abandoned warehouse. As the dust settled, Jenkins recovered and got out of the junker.

            “JOHN MCBADASS!” Jenkins let out an agonizing screech.

            “Woah, really?” Jackmerius suddenly interjected.

            “What?! Where’d you come from?”

            “Well, I saw a lunatic pushing people around and I knew it had to be you,” Jackmerius scratched his head.

Turnip finally got out of his four wheeled Celtic war chariot and joined the party. With no time to spare, the three men checked McBadass’ car.

            “Damn it, he escaped.” Growled Jenkins.

Turnip heard metallic footsteps with his giant ears and gurgled, “Someone’s over there ho ho!”

Turnip ran ahead with Jackmerius trailing and Jenkins following last.

            “For a stubby little guy he sure runs fast,” Whispered Jackmerius to Jenkins, who found the comment very amusing.

Donald Turnip saw a glimpse of John as he turned the corner and pulled out a hidden revolver, he quickly shot at the writer.

            “GACK!” blurted McBadass as he felt the bullet rip through his left calf.

McBadass quickly turned to Donald and returned fire with a fully automatic sub machine gun. Turnip was ripped apart, left with no chance for last words. Jenkins eyes widened as he approached the scene. Jackmerius bit down hard and sprinted ahead to catch up to McBadass. Jenkins fell to his knees at Turnip’s lifeless corpse. He felt the guilt cripple him.

Jackmerius stopped at a fork panting hard. He looked both ways and started following the trail of blood assumed to be left by the criminal. But he was too late, McBadass reached his destination.

With a gun pointed at a bound Ann, McBadass smiled at Jackmerius who quickly realized he was outsmarted.

            “You thought I would be forgotten? Erased from history? Well, sometimes the biggest problems come back stronger than ever,” grinned a satisfied writer.

            “Look,” panted a fearful Jackmerius, “Just tell me what you want, No one needs to get hurt.”

            “Hmm, it seems that you don’t know who I am Mr. Tacktheritrix,” McBadass pointed his gun at Jackmerius with an eerie, bloodthirsty smile.

Ann’s muffled screams and futile attempts to free her hands alerted Jenkins. Who stood from the body and rushed toward the hostage.

Jackmerius held his hand up to surrender.

            “Mercy drips no blood.”

John held the trigger down and unloaded into a defenseless Jackmerius. The golden fedora on his head fell onto the floor and split in two. Jackmerius fell dead, with his last words robbed from him as well.

            “NOOOOOO!” an indescribably hurt Jenkins cried out as he ran toward McBadass.

            “YOUR TURN!” Yelled John

With tears on her face and rage in her eyes, Ann ripped her hands free and grabbed John in a full nelson. An ensnared McBadass struggled to get free. Jenkins revealed Turnip’s revolver and put it to John’s forehead.

            “How dare you?” Jenkins whimpered with rage. “You didn’t even give them a chance… YOU DON’T DESERVE ONE EITHER!”

Jenkins pulled the trigger and ended the life of the cruel John McBadass. Ann let go of his bloody corpse and comforted a tearful Jenkins. Sirens were heard outside and they were escorted out of the building. Giga Watson met with a mourning Jenkins and Ann and felt their pain. He drove them home that night.

            “It feels necessary to tell you guys my real name. I know it’s long overdue, but I never thought it was important until I realized I might not have a chance to tell you,” announced James Caiden.

The night was heavy with loss and the air was thick with guilt. The death of a dear friend hung over the group like a cloud, but eventually the rain stopped and the gear of hope turned once again. Jenkins and Ann decided to start living life to the fullest. They got engaged and started a life together in a modest home in a peaceful suburb. James Caiden, with his dog D’brickshaw, continued his balanced life with his accounting job. The magic of the golden fedoras was broken and they were buried with Jackmerius. 

© 2016 Darren Welsh


Author's Note

Darren Welsh
I know I rushed Giga Watson's real name in there, but life is rushed... so. Y'know. :P

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

142 Views
Added on April 1, 2016
Last Updated on April 27, 2016

Author

Darren Welsh
Darren Welsh

About
I write bad to mediocre stories at a third grade level. If you want to lose brain cells and possibly get cancer, you can feel right at home. If you like my stories then you probably already have cance.. more..

Writing