My Wishes Are True

My Wishes Are True

A Story by Readioca

Do you know what it means to live? I don’t. All I do is sit in the clouds and watch you humans go about your lives having fun. And when I say one little word about it I get the divine punishment. I don’t think I can survive in this world any longer. I might just run away. But where do you run away to in heaven?
“ What are you mad about today, Jesusi?” God asked
“ The humans get to be on the land and have fun all day when all I get to do is watch over them like some type of vulture.” I complained
“ Does it really matter? Have you forgotten that they make life threatening mistakes every second of everyday?” He tried to persuade me
“ Don’t start lecturing me about how living as an invincible angel is way better then living as a vulnerable human.” I warned
“It is, if I were to stick a knife through your heart you wouldn’t die.” He said
“ Why is God thinking about stabbing me through the heart?” I asked looking up at him. He looked down at me and smiled innocently. I rolled my eyes and then averted my attention to the boy on the screen. He was talking to his little sister and she was smiling up at him. I wish I had someone like that to look up to and smile at. I’ve been living here all my life and it still hasn’t grown on me like a home should. But I guess that doesn’t matter because God still isn’t going to let me go. I stood up and walked to my house.
  I opened the door and my mother jumped out and screamed
“Happy 14th Birthday, baby girl!”
Then God magically appeared with a party hat on and smiled widely.
“Did I hear birthday?” He asked
“ Yeah it’s my mom’s.’ I lied
“ Oh, Martha, what age are you turning?”
My mom gave me a ‘seriously’ look and then smiled at God.
“ Apparently forty-eight.” She said through clenched teeth
I walked across the hall to my room and ignore my friend Tiffany.
“ So you’re not going to say hi to your fantabulous friend?”
“ I could say the same to you. Fantabulous?” I asked sitting at my office chair 
“ Do you like it? It’s a mixture of fantastic and fabulous.”
“ Figure as much.” I said turning around in circles. Tiffany sighed and stretched her legs out on the sofa. “ Get your feet off my sofa.” I said slouching on my chair. She made a pouty face. “ But you never let me do it. Can I do it just this once?” 
“ Hmm, let me think about it…No.” I said
“ You obviously answered to fast. Think hard.” 
“ No.” I grinned
“ What?!” She yelled. I laughed.
 “ OK, it’s official. You’re the worst.” She declared. I smirked and she threw a pillow at my head. We laughed, talked about how horrible I was as a friend, and laughed some more. “ Remember when we were in kindergarten and this boy named Jack stuck a carrot all the way up his nose? We didn’t see him for a week!” I said still laughing. 
“ That was sad like really sad.”
“ I guess it was for him, but for me it was hilarious!”
Someone knocked at the door. 
“ Yeah, Who is it?!” I yelled
“ It’s God.” God answered.
“ Oh, come on in.” Tiffany said
“ Tiffany!” I whispered 
“ So I have decided something.” God declared
“ What?” We asked 
“ For an experiment I am going to have both of you live in the human world as half angels and half humans. Happy Birthday, Jesusi.” He said this like he had no choice but whatever I still got what I wanted. “ Why are you deciding this now?” I asked.
“ I thought you would be excited. If you don’t want to go you don’t have to… but then your family would have to pay me 10 Million dollars.” He said the last sentence like it was no big deal “I’m in” Tiffany said with here feet on the sofa again. My mom must’ve blackmailed him but this is what I always dreamed of. 
“ I’m in, if I still get my allowance.” 
“ Deal.” God stuck out his hand; I got up and shook it. I sat on Tiffany’s legs and she screamed, “Get off me you big hippo?!”
“ Hey! Hippos are built up off only fat, this is all muscle.”
“ Muscle or fat, it doesn’t matter! You’re still heavy!” She complained while squirming.
“ Divine Punishment!” I yelled I looked around my room for my phone.
When I finally found my phone, which was under Tiffany’s butt I put it on the charger and laid down next to Tiffany on my bed.
“ Do you think they, miss me? “ She asked.
“ Your parents? They’d be wrong not to.” 
“ Do you think they remember me?”
“ What do you think?” I asked turning towards her
“ I think somewhere down there they’re wondering what we are doing up here.”
“ Like we’re wondering about them down there?”
“ Exactly.” She giggled. “Do you miss your dad?” 
“ Yeah but let’s not talk about that our plane leaves in an hour.” I said
 We were able to pack the suitcase in under five minutes. God gave us a trophy and twenty bucks for it. When it was finally time to go we were asleep.

© 2016 Readioca


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

54 Views
Added on March 25, 2016
Last Updated on March 25, 2016