That Awkward Moment

That Awkward Moment

A Screenplay by T.C. Banks
"

Scene: Hallway, Passing period, 1 week before school dance {Characters } {Tommy: 17, sr., } {Jennifer: 18, Sr., hidden crush on Tommy}

"
Tommy: [Shyly] Oh. Hey Jen

Jennifer: [Apathetic] Hi Tommy

Tommy: [Timid] Uhm. So, the dance is next week.

Jennifer: [Hopeful] Yeah?

Tommy: And I was wondering...would you be wil-

Jennifer: Yes! Yes I would love to go to the dance with you.

Tommy: Actually I was wondering if you would ask Suzi to go with me.

Jennifer: [Outraged disbelief] What is wrong with you?!?

Tommy: [Surprised] What? What are you-

Jennifer: Are you blind? After all I've done for you? After bending over backwards to get you to notice me, saying 'Hi' every time I see you in the hallway. Wearing those dressy clothes, doing my hair differently, and wearing make-up. Spending extra time getting ready in the morning. I can't believe you  never once said 'Hi' back, or even acknowledged me.

Tommy: Whoa, whoa, whoa! I don't like any of those things.

Jennifer: What do you mean?

Tommy: I ignored you in the halls because of the way you were dressed. I thought you were dressing differently for some other reason.

Jennifer: Why would you think that?

Tommy: Because you never dressed that way before. I mean just last week you had on your favorite Hollister hoodie and a pair of jeans and now all of the sudden you're dressing like Cinderella

Jennifer: But, still it hurts me that you would ask her to the dance, let alone ask me to ask her for you.

Tommy: I have no feelings for her. I'm only asking her because her date dumped her two days after she had bought her dress for the dance. I thought I would be nice and take her anyway.

Jennifer: Oh. I didn't know he dumped her.

Tommy: Yeah. But...you seriously did all of that for me?

Jennifer: Yes. I've felt like this for quite some time.

Tommy: Really? Wow. I never knew. I never thought you liked me like that.

Jennifer: Yeah. Ever since your birthday party at your place when you had the bon fire and I set my feet up on the stones to keep them warm and the heat melted the soles of my shoes.

Tommy: I just never thought...ya know I've been meaning to tell you. I lo-

Jennifer: [Excited] Love you too?

Tommy: [Confused, Awkward] Lost my dog

Jennifer: Oh...[Beat] That's the bell...I have to go...

© 2013 T.C. Banks


My Review

Would you like to review this Screenplay?
Login | Register




Reviews

I am not an avid reader of scripts.. but I think this could be developed if that is wht you want....

Posted 11 Years Ago


I kind of liked this as I felt you managed to portray the atmosphere quite well. I really could imagine the conversation.

Posted 12 Years Ago


good job i though it was very interesting, although you might want more details but other than that i liked it. keep on writing! :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


I'm not sure why there're random line breaks like that. They're not supposed to be there. Depending on overall feed back i might add to the play

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

246 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 19, 2012
Last Updated on January 4, 2013
Tags: plays

Author

T.C. Banks
T.C. Banks

Greenwood, IN



About
I am 29 years old, I have been writing off and on for over a decade. I appreciate all feedback on my works more..

Writing
Her Name Her Name

A Poem by T.C. Banks