The train

The train

A Story by Trinity
"

Something I saw in a dream and thought it would make a good theme for a book, but I'm not that great a writer (yet) so just.. read.

"
The scarlet train puffed along the rails. It was a cloudy, yet warm day outside. There was nothing but some scrub and a few bushes here and there. Some trees were standing further away but they disappeared quickly as the engine pulled the wagons quickly onward. 
She slowly opened her eyes and saw the blunt terrain fly past the window. Yawning and stretching she looked around. Abigail had always hated trains. They made her sleepy and sleeping in a train would mess up her hair real bad. She quickly dove into her bag searching for her make-up kit. After a few minutes of rummaging through her bottomless handbag she straightened up only to hit her head on the low part of the ceiling. Muttering a few nasty words under her breath she walked to the bathroom, massaging the growing bump on the back of her head.
After a few minutes of correcting her make-up and fluffing up her short dark hair she made her way back to her seat. To her biggest surprise her stuff was gone. She quickly looked around and saw the conductor heaving her suitcase and her handbag down the stairs at the far end of the wagon. She ran after him, pushing and shoving through the increasing crowd. 
"Excuse me, what exactly are you doing with my stuff?" she asked furiously from the older man. He didn't reply and continued to pull her things to the door.
"Give them back, now!" Abby grabbed her handbag by the handle and tried to pull it away. To her surprise the conductor didn't even flinch but instead finished his trip to the door with her clinging onto her bag. He then pressed a button to open the door and suddenly the wagon was full of flying papers and people trying to save their things from flying out the door. 
Someone pulled the breaks and the train slowed down quickly, the whooshing of the wind dying down. The old conductor pushed Abby's suitcase out of the door and she followed shortly, still clinging to her handbag, unable to comprehend anything that was going on. Her head hit the ground hard and she blacked out.

© 2011 Trinity


Author's Note

Trinity
It should actually go on since my dream was longer but I didn't want to make it too long. It should go into fantasy later on so if you want to know what else I dreamed about (I will try to make it a story, not just write fragments, though the dream was in fragments) review and tell me :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

137 Views
Added on July 28, 2011
Last Updated on July 28, 2011

Author

Trinity
Trinity

Bavaria, Germany



About
20 years old, a big fan of books, especially the fantasy and sci-fi genre. I will firstly post short stories that I had to write for school and maybe later also stories that have popped into my head. .. more..

Writing
The Wait The Wait

A Chapter by Trinity