What Kills Me

What Kills Me

A Story by Triplet of the Fox
"

More of a little rant.

"
What kills me the most about suicide is that there are so many posts about how each person deeply matters and the world would be so shaken if they were gone, but quite frankly, it's not true. The sun still shines. The moon still breaks through the darkness of the night. The stars still twinkle and the world still spins. No one is left crippled by the sadness; everyone moves on. Only a month passes before the world forgets all about the person. 
In early July of this year, one of my friends killed herself. She was just shy of Junior year in high school. At first, everything was like the Tumblr posts. Everyone was sad. People from all different walks of life who had known and loved Skye came to her funeral, and for a moment, the world had stopped and the entire city was grieving. But that only lasted a day. People resumed their lives as if nothing happened. Her parents went to work. Her friends still went out. And now we are back to school. Her teachers are still teaching. It's like nothing happened. No one talks about it; I doubt anyone even remembers. 
The thing I took from this is important to me. Your life doesn't really matter as much as Tumblr wants you to think it does. It's really not important at all. No one will be completely devastated. Most people won't even cry. Your best friend will still go out with your other friends and eventually replace you. Your teachers will think of it as one less paper to grade. Your parents will still go to work all day and all night and leave your siblings at home as they always have. Nothing will change.  The sun still shines. The moon still breaks through the darkness of the night. The stars still twinkle and the world still spins. No one is left crippled by the sadness; everyone moves on. Only a month passes before the world forgets all about you.

© 2016 Triplet of the Fox


Author's Note

Triplet of the Fox
Just a little rant I though up earlier today. It's a rather touchy subject, but I'd really like to hear some of your insight.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

119 Views
Added on September 7, 2016
Last Updated on September 18, 2016
Tags: suicide, society, matters, life, death, cares, alone, Tumblr, wrong, rant, matter, worth, self worth, care, teen

Author

Triplet of the Fox
Triplet of the Fox

Bristol, TN