My Story on Wheels

My Story on Wheels

A Story by Trisha Roy
"

This story ‘ STORY ON WHEELS ‘ comes from a rider who has a strong willingness to ride and see places and find a new me while exploring myself and my capabilities

"

This story ‘ STORY ON WHEELS ‘ comes from a rider who has a strong willingness to ride and see places and find a new me while exploring myself and my capabilities with a fight with road blocks and overcoming them too. I am a rider by passion and here is an experience of a rode I went for with BOSS (Bikers on Scooters and side Cars)…


 

MY STORY ON WHEELS �" WITH BOSS (Bikers on Scooters and side Cars)


 

While I await everything to fall at place for me to get a motorcycle to ride on, I still have something within me that wants to see me riding all day long and not miss a single moment to join a group or set of friends for a ride, no matter where and what time it is….so while I was looking for something like this, I come across a group that’s being run by bike riders. These bike riders from different groups have come together to form a new group called BIKERS ON SCOOTERS AND SIDE CARS (BOSS). Yes!!! You heard it right. So this is a group of riders who ride geared scooters. Scooters not of recent times but those magnificent designs adorned by vintage scooters which have been so wonderfully taken care of and are still running strong on wheels.


Amongst these scooters they decided to let females too join the club with an advantage of riding on gearless scooters. Now that’s where I thought I have a chance to explore more of me and then for all that I know and I keep saying…All you need is a saddle to sit and set of wheels between your legs to throttle and you are a rider for sure.


 Yes, I will join!!!! And today I am a member of BOSS


My first ride with BOSS was on 23rd May 2015 when we decided to meet at cycle society, opposite YMCA (Pune) at 6am to start our ride to Saswad. While I did a self-start to my scooter, these other scooters were kick started and then that peculiar sound which took me back to a rendezvous with olden days when I as a child saw my parents riding those scooters. And so yes as we started and moved on road we did have heads turning on to us with an expression that said ‘ look look’ ‘oh wow’ ‘oooooooooh!!!’ and more….


Other than plain tarmac roads there was off-roading too and it isn’t easy to get grip like bikes on scooters when roads are very rough, but only experiences riders can get hold of it. I could see that very evidently. And then came the curves where ghats started. We kissed each curve and went through the ghats on scooters which gave me a different feeling all together. This was my 2nd time on ghats (1st Wai and Tamini Ghat) and it sure was an exciting one.


We made a halt at /Chennai Express for some quick chit chats over some grubs to bite on… and then we rode back. When we reached back to the city, I got to see a collection of vintage cars that my rider friend has and then it again took me back to those nostalgic moments of the past. Ambassador, Feat and the famous ‘old beauty ‘Austin…all kept well covered and safe. Some time with those old cars and then we all went back home…a wonderful ride indeed with new set of riders making it overall a memorable day for me…. 

© 2015 Trisha Roy


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Although your English isn't perfect, the joy and enthusiasm you express is crystal clear. I put a lawnmower engine on my bicycle at the age of eleven, and have been riding on two wheels ever since. (56 years) May you and your riding friends enjoy scooters and motorcycles for many, many years to come.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Trisha Roy

8 Years Ago

Thank you so much Samuel.... wishing you many happy rides in times to come. Regards, Trish :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

98 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on June 3, 2015
Last Updated on June 3, 2015

Author

Trisha Roy
Trisha Roy

MAHARASHTRA, PUNE, India



Writing