Meaning of a Moment

Meaning of a Moment

A Poem by Tristen Cullison

“Love”, a word so complex yet so simple. We all have our own idea of it, but where does it come from truthfully? I consider ourselves incapable of understanding it, but all the while actively capable in participating in it. I love my family, my girlfriend, my friends, my soccer ball, my state and so on and so forth. They say love can be unconditional, but if I was not my mother’s son I wouldn’t receive such love. Love at first sight is a concept that we created to appropriate the feelings induced by our hormones and connectivity of popular traits that we find pleasing.  A form of beauty that is polymorphic and substantial to that which observes. Who am I to deny the truth of such romantic fantasy? Well I may be, love, itself. Love is unsure and guarded. Those who climb the barriers of fortified emotions, protecting themselves from ambivalent intruders, will face an intense ongoing battle of mental warfare. The results of war can either be reconstruction or deconstruction for peace. I must give a piece of me to each person that I love to live within my own peace. When love is lost I find myself now picking up those pieces of peace. A kingdom for which I have made room for another has been abandoned, ravaged, and left barren. A love lost and gone, but never had or truly owned by me. And! Truthfully it's not lost but resides with another. We lie for our peace. Love is like a storm. Thunder is the sound of lightning and therefore thunder is lightning. Love is the result of finding peace in another and therefore love is peace! Two names for the same thing that gives action. Our soul craves peace. The aching pain of life and knowledge of, drives the soul to a companion. To experience suffering less , to experience peace more, to acknowledge that longing in someone else. I offer to you my idea of love. Love is defeating and ever changing, but in a moment of deep desire we without knowing are encapsulated by the meaning of our shared individualized perspective reality.

© 2021 Tristen Cullison


Author's Note

Tristen Cullison
I NEED FEEDBACK...

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

32 Views
Added on March 4, 2021
Last Updated on March 4, 2021
Tags: Love, Psychology, Philosophy, Poetry

Author

Tristen Cullison
Tristen Cullison

Raleigh, NC



About
I am Tristen Cullison Follow me on Instagram @tristen_cullison OR Twitter @tristencullison more..

Writing