The Will

The Will

A Story by Trong Van

It’s hard to understand why an average banker in his mid-thirties like him is well looking after by the most stingy Landlady! He is one of 5 boarders in her house. She always cooks his favourite dishes and delivery fresh fruits to his room. When her 94 year old farther lives just 1 block away by himself never got that privilege. That poor old man depends on meals on wheels and regular visiting by the social workers.


Last night, that guy was admitted to the hospital after a serious car accident. This morning our Landlady surprises to see that he has quite a number of visitors and the most interesting fact is all of them are his previous landlords!


5 months ago, just a few weeks after boarding her house, that guy was thanking the Landlady for being very kind to him and because he was an orphan without any next of kin so he was going to make a will and having our Landlady as the sole beneficiary of his estate including life insurance, shares , super etc.


None of these Landlords/Landladies expect him recovering, but so far no one sees his will yet!


20151023

© 2015 Trong Van


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Hey, I enjoyed the story here. This guy clearly makes an impression on his landlady or landlord. Funny the will never materializes!

Posted 8 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

92 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on October 23, 2015
Last Updated on October 23, 2015

Author

Trong Van
Trong Van

Sydney, Australia



About
I'm not a writer or a poet. I simply write when things popup in my mind, and as soon as it’s done I may completely forget about it! So please don’t be surprised when I deny knowing what I .. more..

Writing