ALIENS NEXT DOOR part  4

ALIENS NEXT DOOR part 4

A Stage Play by trooper48
"

A twelve year old boy is best friends with his next door neighbor who happens to be an alien.

"

ALIENS NEXT DOOR  part 4  T.V  film script by C.J.Platt.

Please be aware that this is part  four of a four part script. Please read parts 1 to 3 to get the whole picture.

Background

A twelve year old boy is best friends with his next door neighbor who happens to be an alien.

CHARACTERS:

JOSH TAYLOR:       Twelve- year old boy.

DAPHNE TAYLOR:  Josh’s Mum 37 Year old woman.

HARRY TAYLOR:  Josh’s Dad 40 Year old Police Sergeant.

AUGUST JOHNSON:   Ten- year old girl. (Alien.)

MARTIN JOHNSON:  August’s Dad (Robot)

SETTINGS:  Various scenes from Kitchen/ garden/ riverbank.

SCENE 2

 

SETTING: ON THE RIVERBANK.

 

JOSH: (Looks up open mouthed as a giant UFO appears above them.)

 

AUGUST:

Don’t be afraid, this is normal where I come from.

 

JOSH:

I don’t believe it! Won’t people be alerted?

 

AUGUST:

No Josh, this is just for us; to everyone else it is invisible.

 

JOSH (Looks at August then back at the craft.)

It’s so big, how far is it? It could be five miles away or fifty; there’s no way of knowing.

 

AUGUST:

There is a way of knowing, you just have to be conscious of it.

 

JOSH:

What do you mean?

 

AUGUST:

Look again.

 

JOSH: (Looks up then back to August)

It’s gone!

 

AUGUST:

It is still there but I made it disappear.

 

JOSH: (Looking at August with awe.)

How do you do that?

 

AUGUST:

I simply tell it to appear with my mind.

 

JOSH:

Do you mean like telepathy?

 

AUGUST:

Yes Josh, you are starting to rise up in consciousness, even as we speak.

Now sit still, I want to inform you of something.

 

JOSH:

Inform me? What do you mean?

 

AUGUST: (Looking around to make sure no one is about. She takes Josh’s head in her hands.)

Just sit still. Now, do you want to become like me?

 

JOSH:

Gee, August, this is a lot to take in, can’t we just fish and then talk about it later?

 

AUGUST:

No! There is no later.  I have to go. I have to help with the regeneration.  I will not be back until 2042. Do you want higher-consciousness?

 

JOSH:

I guess so. But I still want to fish.

 

AUGUST: (Beginning to feel the human emotion of frustration starting to affect her.)

Will you forget the fishing! I am trying to format your mind.

 

JOSH:

No August! I don’t want to be formatted. Get off me!

 

AUGUST:

It is too late. You have been accepted into our nation.  Do you know what you must do?

 

JOSH:

Yes, after gaining all needed qualifications; I will apply for the post of Assistant Director, at Science and Robotics Technologies Ltd. I will then instruct staff to introduce new technology from our home planet.

 

AUGUST:

Very good, you now know that your parents have also been accepted as Androids.

 

JOSH:  (Looking on expressionless.)

 

AUGUST:

You must make it a point to smile now and again, it is expected here.

 

JOSH:

Yes, I realize, but it is hard to do.

 

AUGUST:

My Clone will now take over for the duration of the next phase; treat her as you would me.

 

JOSH:

Thank you ‘Orphalise.’ I now know that is your real name. I suppose figuring out the ‘Hodge Conjecture’ was child’s play to you, seeing as you are 567 years old.

 

AUGUST:

Yes, but you will learn in time. When you reach eighty five you will also be ‘Cloned’ into another body.

Go now and enjoy you’re ‘Higher-consciousness.’ Oh and the fishing was enjoyable in a funny way, but totally unnecessary don’t you think?

 

JOSH:

Yes, no point to it.

 

The End.

 

 

   

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

© 2014 trooper48


My Review

Would you like to review this Stage Play?
Login | Register




Reviews

Thank you Squinka, I try to put thought into my writing by contemplating for some time before I actually start to write. Regards Colin.

Posted 9 Years Ago


I like the script dialogue of the characters is nicely written, and in its conciseness provides ample intel to develop from, while it awakens curiosity.

Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

148 Views
2 Reviews
Added on June 12, 2014
Last Updated on June 12, 2014
Tags: Aliens_Robots_Space_Ships_

Author

trooper48
trooper48

Korat, Northeast, Thailand



About
I am an Englishman who is retired and living in Thailand with my wife. I like science fiction and poetry best, so I will upload some short stories, poems and also my novel in time. I hope to review pe.. more..

Writing
THE BEAST part 4 THE BEAST part 4

A Stage Play by trooper48