The Girl who wanted to break habits

The Girl who wanted to break habits

A Story by trouble

The girl who wanted to break habits

It started a long time ago. Judging people, has always been there. Judging for what they look like, where they come from, how they act around people and when they are alone. But this particular case involves a girl who couldn’t take any longer.

Days and nights went by as scars grew more on her wrists and thighs. Everyday almost on the dot, every single time everyday, people tell her what’s wrong with her. They tell her why nobody loves her, why she shouldn’t be here on earth. Emo, s**t, dyke, they call her these names and so much worse. They put her down, everyday , everyday, again and again. She digs a hole deeper and deeper because she was just trying to get away from the hurt. And that was only at school.

At home the pain didn’t stop, her mom didn’t love her at all. Her father beat her every chance he gets. Her mother does nothing but laugh. The closet has become her home for the last 4 years, ever since she turned 11. It got worse after she turned 11. The beatings got harder and more frequent. Mother didn’t help, but kept the key to the closet around her neck. She wasn’t aloud out of her room when they had company over. The house was always spotless, the food always prepared before everyone got home. As soon as the car drove up in the driveway would get water and some food that she had hidden and, steal away to her room. Not aloud to come out.

Never said a word out of place, never a strand of hair out of line, never a stain on her clothes. Just perfect like her parents wanted and always got. Never a sound, Never a cry for help, Never a scream for someone else.

She did and, father would put her back into place. Bruises concealed, breaks covered and struggled through. Tears never fell, screams silenced, scars covered.

She had, had enough and was going to take her life that night, but she had a better idea. She would fight back and step out of line. She snooked out late at nights to train, train how to defend. She trained how to stop this pain. She would break these habits. Habits of being scared, habits of being afraid of the shadows, and afraid of everything that moves.

This went on for months without anybody knowing. Her beatings didn’t hurt as much anymore. She grew stronger so she could take it, she grew better at acting so, they wouldn’t noticed. She logged every punch, every slap, every thing that happened. She would train in her room during the days she was locked in, the nights she couldn’t get out. She trained to defend herself.

One day mother and father were both drunk, they both beat her till she bled, she went upstairs fixed herself up, saw the hundreds of scars lining her body from over the years,some started to fade, some redder than others. She looked at the black eye already swelling slightly, the scratches down her arms from her mother’s nails. She pulled her hair back and saw the black and blue fingerprints left around her neck from being thrown. She looked at her legs and saw the bruises from the kicks that blocked her ribs when laying down. She lifted up her shirt and felt the protruding of the old fractured rib, that never healed. She looked in the mirror and she saw the fire in her eyes. SHE HAS WAITED LONG ENOUGH! TOMORROW SHE WILL DEFEND! she will break their habits.

She went to bed happy knowing this was all over. The next day came, and she pushed the soreness aside. She walked with pride and determination. Everyone saw it, they all saw her scars, and bruises, the claw marks on her arms and they stepped aside. Nobody was getting in her way today. Nobody.

She got home and made dinner as usual, left it on the table, but this time she made herself some and sat on their couch and ate. A couch she hasn’t touched since she was little. She heard her parents car pull in and she smiled. She stood up and threw her food out. She looked at herself and was proud. Proud of herself for everything she been through and what’s going to happen today.

The door opened…

She was facing away from the door, but saw her parents in the reflection of the mirror and the were shocked, and angry. Father stomped angrily over to her and forcefully turned her around. She only smiled. He was angry she could see it in his eyes. She looked over to her mother and saw a happy glimmer in her eyes, for the sight of her daughter getting beaten. He yelled at her, she didn’t flinch, he grew more angry. He tried to slap her but she ducked in time, took this chance of surprise and elbowed his rib. That was for her fractured rib. Her mother looked shocked but quickly snapped out of it. Mother ran for her, and she smiled, She’s breaking habit.

She ran and grabbed her mother’s arm in mid swing and twisted it around, pushing her to the ground. Father was up now, he came over and she kicked his knee out, he kneeled on the floor, angry as hell. Father got up to she her smile, he swung but missed due to her moving out of the way. She got behind him and struked him right on the back forcing him forward, onto the floor. Mother is up and is fuming, mother came and tried to swing at her head, she caught her mother’s wrist in mid swing, right before it hit her. And it stopped the world seemed to stop for a moment. Her mother had a fearful look in her eyes, she looked over at her father and he was surprised. She smiled, and with all of her strength, turned and threw her mother over her shoulder, slamming her to the ground by her father.

She stood over them as they looked up at her. And with all of her strength she screamed. She screamed for the pain, she screamed for the tears and the scars, she screamed for all the time she couldn’t speak. and at the very end she spoke, just one sentence. “I’ve had enough with your habits, your habits are done.” and with that she left. She walked out the door armed with a CD in her pocket. She walked to the police station with it. A CD she made from video cameras she had placed when she started training. Videos of her parents abuse to her, videos of her injuries, videos of her late night practicing in her room, video of her parents defeat. A video of her victory.

Her victory of breaking their habits.

© 2015 trouble


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

88 Views
Added on April 27, 2015
Last Updated on April 27, 2015