The Guinea Pigs Great Big Adventure!

The Guinea Pigs Great Big Adventure!

A Story by Zubi
"

Two Guineapigs called Zubi and Peewee don't like their owners, Camille and Harriette. With they escape cruelty? Will they escape at all?

"

Outside on a wooden deck, there is a large orange hutch. In it, live two young guinea pigs. Zubi, a fat grey piggy with curly fur and literally no whiskers, and Peewee, an energetic, white, grey headed guinea pig with long whiskers and straight, long fur. Zubi woke up especially early that morning.

"Wake up Peewee!" He squeaked. "Wake up quick!" Peewee just rolled over and snored.

"Don't make me pull your whiskers off!" Zubi sighed. Peewee stood up with a jolt.

"Why so early, Zubi?" He asked.

"Because!" Zubi cried. "I'm so excited! We're going to escape!" 

"From Camille and Harriette?" Peewee cried. 

"Yes!" Zubi replied. But, their happiness faded immediately as the glass sliding doors that led to outside slid open and Izi and Holly walked out, smug expressions plastered all over their faces.

"It's bath time, boys!" Harriette said.

"You two are such pigs!" Camille added. Zubi and Peewee exchanged glances. Then they rushed to the upstairs level of the hutch, trembling. Not bath time! 

"I hate water!" Zubi whispered. Then, sunlight flooded into the upstairs layer. The girls had taken off the roof! Hariette said something to Camille in their human language, they couldn't hear. Harriette started pushing Peewee and Zubi to the ramp that led to the bottom layer of the hutch. They tumbled down into Camille's waiting hands.  

"No..." Zubi squeaked. Peewee squirmed and squirmed, trying to escape Harriette's harsh grip. 

"Zubi!" He squeaked, desperately. "Bite!"

Zubi sunk his teeth deep into the skin of Camille's left hand. She screamed as blood trickled down her hand. She dropped Zubi, parting here hands angrily. He landed hard on a cloth, breaking his fall. Peewee squirmed some more, unable to escape. Zubi started running off, in hope they would follow and Harriette would put Peewee down. She didn't. Camille walked after Zubi. As she bent her hands down, Zubi reached up his head and bit her again. He waddled quickly over to Harriette and snapped at her leg. Soon Peewee was next to Zubi and they were scampering over to the gate which led out to the street. Peewee squeezed under, and motioned for Zubi to do the same. He got his head and body in, but his bum wouldn't fit through. 

"Squeeze back out." Peewee sighed. "And I'll get you through." 

"How?" Zubi squeaked. Peewee started a loud racket as he squeaked louder and louder. Zubi understood and joined in. The guinea pigs had expected someone like Camille and Hariette's parents to come outside to see what the noise was, but instead they got the huge, ferocious, slobbering dog that lived out the front of the house. 

"Zubi!" Peewee screamed. "Get under!" Zubi squashed himself through but couldn't get through. The dog's snapping jaws came down around Zubi. Peewee covered his eyes. He couldn't bear to see Zubi be carried away and turned into dog food. Suddenly, Peewee heard yowling. It was Archie, next door's cat. Archie could beat up or scare away any dog, any size, any type. He hissed and yowled. The dog turned and yelped as he saw Archie. Archie hissed again and scratched the dog. The dog whimpered and ran off. 

"Now," Peewee said. "Now we can escape." 
"How?" Zubi asked. Peewee pointed to Izi, coming out from the house to see what the racket was. 

"My back hurts." Zubi complained. 

"Well DUH." Peewee said. "You're under a gate! Now, squeeze out." Zubi did as he was told. Izi shooed the cat away and opened the gate.

"Yes!" Peewee whispered. Izi walked out and opened the letter box. Zubi slipped past her, and they were on their way...                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     Four days later, the guinea pigs stopped outside a pond. They had walked all the way to the beach! 

"I actually wouldn't mind a swim..." Peewee murmured. "Then get IN!" Zubi cried, pushing Peewee into the cool water. He giggled and grabbed Zubi's front legs. Soon the two were splashing around in the water. 
"It's been fun." Zubi sighed happily. 

"Yes." Peewee said. "Apart from being mauled by a dog, lost, dehydrated, sore, hot, being chased by cows, being stepped on by humans and being almost killed by cars." 

"Yeah." Zubi said. "Apart from that. And, how on EARTH did you make a cow chase us?" 

"It wasn't my fault!" Peewee said. "It was the red flower." They laughed and talked well through the day. When it became night, the two boys ate some grass and fell asleep under a tree.


 Suddenly, Peewee awoke with a jolt. The boys were inside a large dark room. Then, unexpectedly, sunlight flooded the room as cloths were pulled off the sides. A young boy stood smiling at them. 
"Hello, boys!" He said cheerfully. 

"Pineapple, wake up!" A throaty voice said. Peewee whipped around and saw a black guinea pig. 

"Who are y-"  

"Jake!" A female voice cut Peewee off. 

"Yes?" Said the boy. 

"Have you named the new guinea pigs?" 

"No, Mummy." He grinned again and pointed at Peewee.

"Creampuff." He said. Then he pointed to Zubi. "Nibbles." 

Zubi woke up. 

"Where are we?" Zubi asked, tired. 

"Your new home." The black guinea pig said in his scratchy squeak."I'm Scratcher."

"Why are we here?" Zubi asked. 

"You were on the street." Scratcher said. "Jake saved you." He turned toward a yellow guinea pig with straight, long fur. 

"Pineapple, wake up!" He repeated. It jolted awake. 

"Huh?" She said groggily. "Oh! Lookie! The newbies!" She had a Texan accent and looked like a yellow, female Peewee. Zubi waved. 

"Um.." Peewee said, not sure what to expect. 

"I'm Pineapple!" The Texas piggie said. "What are your names, honeys?" 

"I'm Peewee. But now Creampuff." Peewee said.

"And I'm Zubi! The guy who saved us calls me Nibbles." 

"You mean Jake." Scratcher said. 

"Leave 'em alone, sugar!" Pineapple said to Scratcher. 



So, now the guinea pigs, Zubi and Peewee, live with Jake, Scratcher and Pineapple. 

THE END

© 2015 Zubi


Author's Note

Zubi
Please tell me if anything makes no sense. :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Sorry, but I had to change the names!


Posted 8 Years Ago


Thanks Cool Girl. I'll fix that up.

Posted 9 Years Ago


It sounds like a little picture book! I love it :)

Posted 9 Years Ago


Good, but when Zubi bites Izi's hand, you wrote 'here' instead of 'Her'.

Other than that, awesome!

Posted 9 Years Ago


I didn't expect it to be this long, and sorry if it doesn't seem good.

Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

191 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 3, 2015
Last Updated on March 9, 2015

Author

Zubi
Zubi

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia



About
I have a cat, featured in some books, two guinea pigs, also in books, and a horse called Buttercup. Enjoy reading my stories! more..

Writing
Elements Elements

A Book by Zubi


The Aussie Feast! The Aussie Feast!

A Story by Zubi


❄1❄ ❄1❄

A Chapter by Zubi