Quick Thoughts on the band Vintage Trouble...

Quick Thoughts on the band Vintage Trouble...

A Story by T. Sorrell
"

Music review.

"

Um ... wow.

They just played on Leno and I’m sitting here in shock. I must feel the way people who love music did when they first saw The Doors in '65 or Dylan when he went electric or Hendrix, ever. It was amazing. I loved every second of it and one thing keeps running through my head, over and over: I just watched something important.

 

Now, I don’t know if Leno was a repeat or not. I don't watch Leno, it was just on in the background while I was writing. I looked up when I heard the drums start the song and started paying attention when a slide guitar (quick note on that: the heavy tone reminded me of In My Time of Dying by Zeppelin - bravo) started grooving along. Then the bass kicked in and the frontman started singing and I didn't look back down until it was over. Holy s**t, it was an amazing moment. This is a band to watch. Or not. Time will tell, but they made a hell of a first impression on me.

After one listen I see them as Zeppelin meets James Brown meets Little Richard meets Otis Redding meets Chuck Berry, and there's so much more there. I need more listens to peel away the layers of the onion. By the way, they’d probably hate these comparisons, but I think they’re accurate. What makes them great is this eclectic mixture gives them a sound of their own. It’s blues, yeah, but it’s not. It’s soul, sort of, but it’s not. It’s f*****g amazing is what it is. It’s a melting pot of sound. It's Thanksgiving dinner with all the trimmings. Everything is good.

 

Thing is, it wasn’t really the music, as good as the music was. It was the overall performance. Just unreal. It almost made me want to kill myself because I know could never, ever, ever be as good as the frontman of this band. He’s a f*****g dynamo. The whole audience was singing along with him … the Leno audience! The Leno audience never sings, right? They just sit there and clap when the sign tells them to. Not tonight. The whole group was standing and singing along with the frontman as he danced among them on the steps like a Wildman. They loved it. So did he. So did I.

It was insane. It was awesome. It was important.

Thanks, Vintage Trouble. Five stars.

You rock. 

© 2013 T. Sorrell


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1047 Views
Added on September 6, 2013
Last Updated on September 12, 2013
Tags: Vintage Trouble Blues Rock Aweso