CINDERELLA

CINDERELLA

A Poem by Alicia Norman
"

You only get your happy ending when you fall in love with yourself.

"
What happens when he is your Prince Charming but you aren’t his Cinderella? Everything. Everything happens. You get to be someone like Elsa and rule a kingdom on your own, or be Maleficent and know power like no other and learn that good wins over evil in the end. You get to be Merida and fight for someone you love. You get to save yourself without a kiss. You get to travel, to roam, to see the world for yourself, to realise that there is so much more to it than the little attic you were used to. Maybe you don’t get to find the kind of love you thought you wanted, but you get to find yourself. You get to be stronger and braver and learn how to forgive and when he comes back to you with apologies, you get to throw that very glass slipper in his face, and give him a pretty smile and say to him, “I am afraid it isn’t about you anymore. I have things to do, places to go and I can’t get any jobs done with these slippers on. I am not that girl who put on that pretty dress for the very first time that night anymore. We had one dance and it was a fun night but you need to get over it.” And then you get to live for millions of more pages and skip over the ending and change your story from the girl who lost a glass slipper and married the Prince to the girl who wasn’t a princess, but a Queen, and she did many more incredible things, and the Prince was only one page in her book of life and she learnt to dance and think of herself as beautiful even without any pretty dresses around.

© 2017 Alicia Norman


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

76 Views
Added on December 8, 2017
Last Updated on December 8, 2017
Tags: cinderella, fairy tale, hope, strong, girl, strength

Author

Alicia Norman
Alicia Norman

Mumbai, India



About
Writing is something that has always been there for me, so now I am trying to make a commitment to my words. I hope to express myself here and find inspiration. more..

Writing