Mothers

Mothers

A Story by Tulpi

This 11th of May is Mothers’ Day. The day that links people together from all parts of the world and all stratas of life. It has been said that because God can’t be there with everybody all the time, he has given all of us a mother. Mother has a tiny portion of God in her. She understands feelings even if you don’t express them, solves problems before you even become aware of their existence, keeps you happy, contented and protected, plays the role of your confidante, conscience and Id. Whoopss!!! Looks like she is Superwoman rolled into one. But hey, she is all of the above as well as something much much more. She is the gift of life.

 

Duly accepting and respecting all these endearing qualities, there are some things that we kids should keep in mind. Our mom may be “our mom” but she is not just that, is she? She is a wife, daughter, sister, friend and above all, a woman, a human being! She has her own desires, needs, desperations and shortcomings. So it’s our responsibility to stop our mom when she is into ‘superwomanitis’ mode, and get her to do something relaxing, something frivolous, something close to her heart. After all mothers always take care of children. So who will take care of them! So kids, whether you are a toddling 4year old, a busy 14, a grown up 20 or even an adult 40. This Mothers’ day, let all of us make a pact to stick by our moms and tell them we care. We might forget their favourites and might hurt their feelings with our insensitiveness, but still we care. We care enough to be their mothers in times when they dearly need one to give them a hug and to tell them they are the best!

 

MOM, HAPPY MOTHERS’ DAY!

I LOVE YOU!

I CARE!    

 

© 2008 Tulpi


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

a wonderful tribute so full of love and wisdom, thanks for sharing, mary

Posted 15 Years Ago


beauty filled

Posted 15 Years Ago


charming--filled with kindness. tovli

Posted 15 Years Ago


very touching, and so thoughtful. The world would be a better place if mothers were honored, cherished as they should be.

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

256 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 13, 2008
Last Updated on May 13, 2008

Author

Tulpi
Tulpi

Kolkata, India



About
I am from India, the land of palaces, mountains and Taj Mahal. I am a little soul from the ages of Mahabharatha (Indian Epic). Sometimes, I feel like Kunti, the Mother of Pancha Pandhav. Often I would.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..