Perfectly Imperfect

Perfectly Imperfect

A Story by Seth
"

A teen boy professing his love... to another teen boy.

"
Lex and Eli are walking home from a study session at the library. It's a quiet night in Chicago, something very rare. They come to a halt in front of a closed Starbucks. Lex decides it's now or never. he clears his throat. "Eli," he says, extremely nervous with hands that are shaking harder than a chihuahua during an earthquake.
"Yes Lex?"
"Okay, this is going to be, well,  it's going to be a little awkward."
"Do you even know me? Awkward is the only word capable of describing me."
Not the only one Lex thinks as he looks into his deep blue-green eyes. "Eli, we've known each other for a long time, and even though we've only recently started hanging out, I can honestly say that you're one of my closest friends." He pauses to clear his throat again.
"And...?"
"And, well, what I'm trying to say is that, well, I like you Eli. I like, LIKE you. And I know that you're straight and that you have an EXTREME crush on Erica, but, I figured it would be better to be honest with you. I realize that now you probably never want to talk to me ever again, so I'll get out of your way." Lex starts to continue walking, salt-water staining his flowery cheeks. He feels a warm hand press against his shoulder, stopping him. He turns and there was Eli, smiling, maybe even blushing. 
"Good Lord, thank God you told me before I had to tell you."
"Wait, tell me what?"
"Sweet Jesus, you're so clueless, Lex. Lexton Finley, I like you more than there are stars in the universe. like you more than there are grains of sand on every beach and in every body of water. Sorry, but the clichés cannot even begin to describe how much I like you." Lex blushes, his cheeks are pinker than his lips, which are the only things that Eli is looking at. Eli closes his eyes, and leans in, slowly. Lex in turn closes his eyes and prepares. He is stunned by the impact of two lips as warm as Eli's hands pressing against his own lips. He begins to kiss back, and is seeping into the abyss deeper than that of a crush. He is seeping into the abyss of love, along with Eli. Lex's brain turns into a red wasteland, with no thoughts that don't involve Eli. Eli can only think about this kiss, as if he had been planning it, which apparently, he had been planning it. Nothing is surrounding them. They are alone on a different plane: just them and their emotions. They release in synchronization, and look at each other, smiling. They hadn't even noticed their hands intertwining. They held hands as they walked along the sidewalk, the night chilled and dark and October.
THE END.  

© 2014 Seth


Author's Note

Seth
Ignore the clichés and ignore the grammar/typos and adore the romance

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

That was really sweet. Just great!

Posted 9 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
?
i loved it! it was great...and the cliches make it even better :)

Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

170 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on June 21, 2014
Last Updated on August 11, 2014
Tags: gay, LGBT, LGBTQ, romance, cute, kiss, crush

Author

Seth
Seth

Ypsilanti, MI



About
13 years old and crazed but passionate about poetry. Just another spoiled kid with a computer and desire for poetic justice that's just out of my reach. more..

Writing
Dazed Dazed

A Poem by Seth


Judgement Judgement

A Poem by Seth