At the Edge of the Universe

At the Edge of the Universe

A Story by Turbo

Guns locked and loaded. Our drop pod is sailing through the atmosphere toward the objective. Omega Delton is a mineral rich planet, 6th from the twin stars Rijack & Roetgium. They were sending us to stomp out the Roedians setting up a camp at an untouched Neutrium hotspot. Bug eyes will never know what hit 'em.

We hit the ground going 16 KM/Min, suppression field activating on touchdown. The Roedians are waiting for us, but we outnumber them two to one. I'm told to take the high position, through the cliffs, we're gonna flank them right into the main squad. I've got a Roedian right in my sights, finger on the trigger waiting for the kill order, but a sound from somewhere behind me is drowning out communications. Then the Roedians stop firing and turn around.

Behind me is a creature towering at least a kilometer high. It's thousand mouths let out a mourning song that crushes my soul. On long bent legs it walks towards us, blotting out the twin suns, each step is an earthquake. I hear screaming from behind me, the creature bends down and looks at me with one large eye. Its infinite gaze pierces me, and in its gaze I know I will never be as compassionate and understanding as it, and I weep into my stupid tiny hands. "Now tear out your eyes." it whispers, and I do so, and I start to smile.

© 2013 Turbo


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

132 Views
Added on April 6, 2013
Last Updated on April 6, 2013
Tags: horror, science fiction, micro

Author

Turbo
Turbo

AZ



About
I work at a bookstore, and love to recommend books and movies to others. I write a lot of horror. I'm a big fan of Lovecraft and Science Fiction so I try to fit elements of both into my horror stor.. more..

Writing
2457 A.D. 2457 A.D.

A Story by Turbo


Crushed Crushed

A Story by Turbo