Empty Space

Empty Space

A Story by Turbo

He looked at me incredulously.


"How could you even think that? THEY'RE COMPLETELY GONE! Just like everything else from that region." He said with red tired eyes.


"Listen, it fits right? Nothing else fits, but this does. Occams Razor and all that jazz." I said, tired of explaining myself to my lunatic coworker.


"No way, look here, and here" he said, circling sections of the star map, "all of these are gone, that's an entire parsec! Black holes don't do that."


"Then dark matter, I don't know, what do you-"


"My God." He said, pointing at the screen. Two dark multi-limbed objects that looked shockingly like whales filled the screen. "those are huge, they must be a thousand times larger than our sun, and look at that redshift, look at how fast they're moving!"


"What's it mean?" I asked, dumbstruck at the thought of huge organic things swimming through space, eating stars and planets for sustenance.


"It means the human race is insignificant." he said in a whisper.

© 2013 Turbo


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

128 Views
Added on April 11, 2013
Last Updated on April 11, 2013
Tags: sci-fi, horror, micro

Author

Turbo
Turbo

AZ



About
I work at a bookstore, and love to recommend books and movies to others. I write a lot of horror. I'm a big fan of Lovecraft and Science Fiction so I try to fit elements of both into my horror stor.. more..

Writing
2457 A.D. 2457 A.D.

A Story by Turbo


Crushed Crushed

A Story by Turbo