Forbidden

Forbidden

A Story by twiggyd91
"

Short story

"

Forbidden

        Phyre knew at the first look that this mystery girl had to be with her. Her beautiful voice drifted through Phyre’s window like one of grandma's homemade pies fresh out of the oven. Just looking at her, Phyre could tell that she was perfect. Phyre reminds herself that she must at least know the girl's name. Phyre races down the stairs to get one last glimpse of this girl. As she runs out the door she sees a beautiful, shiny bracelet lying on the ground. Phyre supposes that the bracelet must belong to the mystery girl and she runs down the street to catch up to her.

Phyre catches up to the mystery girl and taps her on her shoulder. " Um, excuse me, but I think you dropped something." The mystery girl turns around and replies, "Oh my god. This bracelet means so much to me. Thank you so much. Oh yeah, my name is Irie." Phyre thinks her outer beauty is shining so brightly because her inner beauty is as great as the sun. Irie and Phyre continue their small talk for a few more minutes and then plan to meet at the local restaurant the next day. As Phyre walks back to her house, she can't help but smile and think that, today, God was really on her side.

Everything in life wasn't perfect though because as Phyre was daydreaming, she ran into no one but Purple. Purple had an attitude as usual. Purple looks at Phyre, her attitude raging, and replies "Damn, can't you watch where you’re going? Your head is always in the clouds. When are you going to get a life? " Phyre looks up and replies, " You really know how to mess up my happy moment. I just met the girl of my dreams and you’re trying to ruin my moment." Purple looks Phyre directly in her eyes and laughs. “ So what has you walking around on cloud nine? New girl in your life?” Phyre replies by saying,  “Yeah something like, that. Can’t I just be happy? Everybody isn’t going around depressed like you are. I can’t believe you’re talking to me anyway.”

       Purple looks at Phyre like she’s crazy and tells her, “ It’s not like I have a problem with you. I just I don’t trust you with my secret.“ “Why wouldn’t you trust me? I was always there for you. You are the one that decided not to hang with me anymore. You need to just come out the closet so then you wouldn’t have to worry about me keeping your secret.”

    Purple stands there contemplating if Phyre is right but doesn’t want to agree with her so she changes the subject. “So Phyre, who is this new girl of your dreams and where did you meet her?”  Phyre smiles and says, "All i'm saying is her name is Irie." Phyre smiles and walks away as Purple stands there thinking. Purple screams out," Yeah I know her we are real cool but I'm going to make sure you guys never go out." Phyre thinks to herself that it was a mistake to be Purple's friend in the first place. Phyre walks up to her room and goes to sleep.

    The next day Phyre wakes up ready to go out with Irie. She picks out her best outfit and makes sure her new vans are looking fresh. She unbraids her dreads so they will be crinkled and puts on her new lipgloss. She looks in the mirror and decides she is sexy. She walks out the door ready to start her future with Irie.

         When Phyre arrived at the restaurant she just knew that eveything was going to be great. As Phyre walks in she feels sick because she sees Purple at the table with Irie and she knows that everything is about to go wrong. Phyre goes to sit down at the table and Purple smiles at her and says, "Hey friend. I am contemplating about taking your advice from yesterday." Phyre thinks to herself that Purple is bogus for trying to steal her dream girl. Phyre's head is spinning and she feels Irie's hand on her back. She can't take it anymore and she explodes. Phyre gets up, tears runing down her face and says, "Purple, you have a lot of nerve. I trusted you and now you want to get all homo and steal Irie away from me. You b***h." Purple and Phyre begin fighting. The fight is shortly broken up and Purple sceams, " Irie isn't your girl and I don't appreciate you trying to own her." Phyre is fuming and doesn't care what Purple has to say. Irie gets up and screams, " Stop fighting over me. I am not going out with either one of you. I am straight. There are things you guys don't know about me. I am a single mother at eighteen trying to make it. I don't have time for this drama so I'm out of here. Good luck with life. Forget I exist." As Irie walks away, Phyre knew that Irie was to good to be true. Purple knew that she was wrong for what she said to Phyre but she wasn't going to apologize. Every story doesn't have a happy ending. Phyre isn't friends with Purple anymore and she didn't get the girl of her dreams. Purple feels stupid. Everyone knows her secret and she lost a potential good friend. This is the beginning of a true love, a betrayal and a murder. The story continues..............

© 2008 twiggyd91


Author's Note

twiggyd91
ignore grammer problems

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

100 Views
Added on July 16, 2008

Author

twiggyd91
twiggyd91

chicago, IL



About
well my name is Paris but everyone calls me Twiggy. Writing is an outlet for me and people have told me that I do it rather well. more..

Writing
Never Never

A Poem by twiggyd91