I really don't know what to call this...

I really don't know what to call this...

A by Becca Hale
"

I could almost hear his heart splintering down the middle, crumbling into pieces in his stomach before shattering as they hit the bottom...

"

I was going to go talk to him. He was the boy of my life. I would do anything for him. Center of my heart and life, ace in a deck of twos, and the reason why the world went round. And also, my boyfriend. I loved Cory Stevans to death.
“Cory, can we talk?” I asked him quietly.
“Yeah, sure.”
“Cory, I ... I’m breaking up with you,” I said. Then I fainted.

Lucky for me, I didn’t go far. Cory caught me, and I woke up in his arms. I didn’t want to be near him, but it would hurt if I moved away awkwardly. So I just sat still for a moment.
“Are you okay?” he asked me.
“Not really,” I admitted. He laughed.
“You always make me feel better, even if something is wrong. I love you Miranda.” He leaned down and gently kissed my lips. I didn’t react, though I was dying to.
“Cory, I just broke up with you,” I said as he pulled away, confused.
“I thought you were ...” He broke off as he caught a glimpse of my face. I was serious. His face seemed to droop, his eyes losing a light that was always there. I could almost hear his heart splintering down the middle, crumbling into pieces in his stomach before shattering as they hit the bottom. Murder. I was murdering him. I was breaking him, ripping him into a million pieces.
I knew exactly how he felt. Back in my body, a knife cut through me, slicing me as if I was a carrot, slowly, and then grinding me like pepper. I felt my heart cracking. It started at the middle, and worked its way to the edges. Then, with the force of a speeding train, it smashed, leaving a hole where my heart should be, and scattering the bits to be picked up and put back together.
This never would have happened if he hadn’t done what he did.

________________________________

 

The previous day.
______________

 

“Okay, Jenna, just hold up a minute, I have to take a pit stop.” My closest friend, Jenna, was talking to me as we walked down the hall of our high school. She was in the middle of telling a story, and I’d been searching for a bathroom for about ten minutes. When I saw it, I didn’t wait. I went.
Jenna looked a little disappointed, but didn’t say so. “I’ll be going off to class then,” she told me. I nodded and rushed off in the direction of the bathroom. It was not long before I was back out again.
I turned left, but as I’d walked out of the bathroom, I saw two people out of the corner of my eye. Out of curiousity, and habit, I looked back at who they were. A girl, with curly blonde hair that rippled down her back, making any girl jealous, wearing a pink shirt and white capris that reached just past her knees. She also had silver high heels, but the heels were only about an inch long. I wasn’t sure who she was.
Another girl, much shorter, with black hair that quivered down to her shoulders, wearing a green and purple top with blue jeans down to her ankles, and white running shoes. They were walking the opposite direction of me, so I couldn’t see their faces. But I didn’t know half the people in this school, because their were about a thousand students, and I just didn’t care. I looked forward, and saw someone I did recognise. Cory, my boyfriend and favourite person in the world. I was about to call him when I realized he wasn’t alone. He was with another person. I couldn’t tell if it was a girl or guy, because Cory was blocking my view, but his back was turned to me, so he didn’t know I was here.
I wanted to know what they were doing, or saying. I moved a little to the left, and got a full show.
Cory and this girl were very busy making out. I felt claws scratching down my back, and my heart throbbed. Every muscle screamed in pain and horror. But this was all in my head. I was still silent and unmoved. My brain seemed to shut down for everything except the sadness I was feeling at the moment.
‘Come on,’ I thought. ‘Yell at him, or run away! You can’t just stand here until he notices you!’
At this point, my legs started moving, and I slowly back away, back into the bathroom, straight into a stall, and threw up.

© 2009 Becca Hale


Author's Note

Becca Hale
Ignore the fact that there is no indentation. PLEASE COMMENT & TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK !!
Have a nice day :)

My Review

Would you like to review this ?
Login | Register




Reviews

I liked this a lot. It was very well detailed.

Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

223 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on February 20, 2009

Author

Becca Hale
Becca Hale

Canada



About
I've been writing since I was three. I am left handed, and prefer typing to writing, since my print isn't neat. I am thirteen years old this year. I was looking for a web site where I could freely and.. more..

Writing