Spectator

Spectator

A Poem by James K. Blaylock

Spectator

 

watching you with

your powerful wings;

 

makes this one

so very jealous...

 

for I'm merely,

another featherless spectator

 

3-22-08

© 2008 James K. Blaylock


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Hey,
I was that taken by your thought provoking bet piece that I've come to take a look at this and I'm not disappointed!
Wow - going to check some more of your stuff!
How many of us think like this? To be able to express something as concisely... makes this one...
cheers

Posted 16 Years Ago


5 of 5 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

A beautiful piece expressed so nicely and well penned in so few words~Fran

Posted 16 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

I really love the way you write and capture such a raw energy among your words. You tell a tale so vividly that anyone that reads your words is able to see them and feel them other than just read them. They do not remain just laying upon a page they take a life of their own. It is always a pleasure to read your words.


Well Done!!!!!

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

I enjoyed this very much, and I love that you let the reader ponder whether the winged object of the speaker's admiration is a majestic bird or an angel...

Nice work!

Posted 16 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

James my friend, how do you do it ? You say so much with so few words. In this verse you are the one with wings and I the spectator. I envy your way with words.

Very clever since you can apply this to many different things.

Beautiful write.

Posted 16 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

another easy- to- read, powerful poem. I liked this one b/c you left room for the reader to use the imagination. Good job.

Posted 16 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

What a true gift it would be, to be able to fly. No feathers - no flying! The incredible thoughts that abound with your writing are endless. Your poem contains so much beauty in your words.

Posted 16 Years Ago


4 of 4 people found this review constructive.

deep and nicely done

Posted 16 Years Ago


4 of 5 people found this review constructive.

You always manage to convey the deepest thoughts and provide great imagery with few words.

Good writing - well done

jen-JG

Posted 16 Years Ago


4 of 4 people found this review constructive.

Makes me think of a metaphore- John Doe is watching his single friend party while John has to go home to his wife and kids and face responsibility. Course you probably mean something entirely different. Birds maybe?

Nice poem; short and sweet.

Posted 16 Years Ago


4 of 5 people found this review constructive.


Glad to be reading you again my friend, you always have been so concise and accurate with your words and ideas, it is a pleasure my friend. Great write as always.


Posted 16 Years Ago


4 of 4 people found this review constructive.


2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

433 Views
21 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on March 22, 2008

Author

James K. Blaylock
James K. Blaylock

Tyler, TX



About
Hi, I'm James K. Blaylock and I'm a poet/writer. I'm 39, and I live in Texas. I was born and raised here. I have been writing now for 13 years and I've been blessed to be published a number of times. .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..