Optimistic future

Optimistic future

A Poem by Taiye
"

Hope, belive and faith

"
It is said that "no wind blows in favour of a ship without destination", he who expects nothing will never be disappointed. Expectation is a power that fuels your destination; it is your knowledge and thoughts about where you are headed that takes you there, no one arrives at a future he cannot see. The same way it is impossible for a passenger to get in a transport without his/her desired destination, is the same way it is impossible to get to a destination that has not been expected. Mentality has big chunk of role to play in life. Believe, doubt, optimism, hopefulness, uncertainty are some of the characteristics that runs in the mentality of a man. The wrong mentality takes you to the wrong destination while a positive mentality moves you towards the right and desired future.
Doubt about the future has become an undeniable epidemic in recent times especially among youths, which makes many seek a safe path of mediocrity or explore only a pinch of their capacity. Doubt makes you incredulous, sees impossibility and sees weakness which makes you uncertain about accomplishing your dreams. "Doubt looks down, regret looks back, worry looks around and vision looks up", if doubt then looks down, all it does is to motivate you towards it's direction. And since it is impossible to walk backward into the future, then doubt holds no benefit for life.
The only true worth if living comes from starving ourselves for a purpose. The starvation for a dream, purpose or a vision comes from perseverance, consistency and persistence. In the confrontation between the stream and the rock; the stream always wins not through strength but through perseverance. It doesn't matter how much you have tried but failed or the number of mistakes you've made, "Mistakes are something we can avoid only by saying nothing, doing nothing and being nothing". I can't assure that your first trial towards the accomplishment of your purpose or dreams guarantees a success, but I can guarantee a success if you are resilient towards your past mistakes. Many of the world greatest failures dis not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.
Never follow the status quo; come out of mediocrity mentality; here comes a call out of the dormancy of the natural resources given to you by God. It is time to extract the potentials God has put in you. Do not follow where the path may lead, instead follow where there is no path and leave a trail.
Taiye Bello.

© 2014 Taiye


Author's Note

Taiye
Will like to get your feedback, thank you.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

82 Views
Added on October 6, 2014
Last Updated on October 6, 2014

Author