Anxiety, Depression, and Laughing

Anxiety, Depression, and Laughing

A Story by ty
"

This is the introduction of my personal story that is based largely around anxiety, and depression.

"

My name is Tyler, I’m 30 years old, married, divorced, married again, currently a stay at home dad to my son, and live with anxiety and depression… great to meet you. The honest to god truth, I can’t believe I have lived the life I’ve lived.  Sometimes I step back, and  shake my head at the choices I’ve made that I now have to live with.  Some good choices, some terrible, and some that are still t.b.d. The past decade has been a series of dramatic swings of highs, lows, and eventually rock bottom.  Beautiful moments now memories as gorgeous as the pink sky before the sun disappears. While other moments have challenged the  values I’ve tried to bring to pass, that has left me a castaway. 

Finally at this new chapter of my life I have fully invested into what I am going to refer to as a “rewire of my brain”.  I have completely committed to weekly therapy sessions, as well as medication to combat my anxiety, and depression. My wife truly saved my life.  She intervened at the moment I was at, I can only hope my absolute lowest before anything radical occurred.  Rational thinking waved goodbye, and I had a loved one step in.  For this I will forever be grateful, she gave me a second chance at not only life, but genuine happiness.  Let me be frank for a moment, I am not a writer.  I do however, enjoy occasionally writing to clear my head.  What I would like to do is tell my personal story as sincere as I can in hopes of maybe helping someone out there in some way.  A story that involves an unhealthy dose of childhood trauma, a dash of rash decision making, and a teaspoon of personal failures… alright let’s throw some happy stuff in this pot of chili that is my life.  Hope you enjoy!

© 2020 ty


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

15 Views
Added on July 2, 2020
Last Updated on July 2, 2020
Tags: anxiety, depression, humor, hope, help

Author

ty
ty

About
31 years old, married, divorced, married again, currently a stay at home dad to my son, and live with anxiety and depression… great to meet you. more..

Writing
Childhood Guilt Childhood Guilt

A Chapter by ty


Who Am I To Be Happy? Who Am I To Be Happy?

A Chapter by ty