On Dissolving

On Dissolving

A by Tyler Lesco

Everything's always trying to get away from itself. Even the tallest buildings constantly have to have their rafters and their girders replaced, surgical operations which make them young again. For some buildings, there isn't anything left at all of what they were when they were built. All of their metal has been replaced.

For some reason things always seem to be turning away from each other, magnetics slowly but crushingly surely morphing to the same poles. Trees grow into the letter V, rocks crumble into sand, people die. If you leave something completely and utterly alone, it will tear itself apart until there is nothing left. There are countless examples: rotting fruit, dying stars, gasses pushing away and away until they are separated by even parts air. It makes me very sad to think that.

The only real way to keep hope when faced with this is to think that maybe there are exceptions on a different level. That though our lips lose cells, maybe forever, in a kiss, our minds can stay together and stay in love. That's why so many people believe in heaven, the sadness that comes with everything here breaking apart. In heaven, everything comes back together.

Stephen King's best story features a man who lives in a dissolving world. "The world has moved on," everyone says. Everything breaks apart but it didn't used to be this way. The man's mission of sorts is to bring it back to the way it was.

The man's mission is to bring heaven back to earth.

But it's still so sad, the way time breaks everything. I wish there were some way we could undermine its effect on us, some way that we can stop ourselves from becoming nothing eventually. Maybe someday that will happen but for now, all of us just have to let time have it's way with us.

© 2009 Tyler Lesco


Author's Note

Tyler Lesco
Series mentioned is King's "The Dark Tower"
I liked the first paragraph, it got maybe too wordy afterwards.

My Review

Would you like to review this ?
Login | Register




Reviews

The ancients had a notion of imortality carved in stone. Youth preserved in marble. The present frozen into the future. The Law Entropy repealed in microcosm. Rome, Florence, Athens is full of these statues, armless, noseless, penis hacked monuments. Perhaps the best to be hoped for is to finish as an interesting ruin.

Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

230 Views
1 Review
Added on April 12, 2009
Last Updated on April 27, 2009

Author

Tyler Lesco
Tyler Lesco

Northbridge, MA



About
I'm 17. I'm wondering if I can do this for a living. more..

Writing