Picture Prompt #1

Picture Prompt #1

A Story by tynamite
"

The man who wore a chicken on his head.

"


Once upon a time, on a rainy day, there was a man with a chicken on his head. His mother wasn't too fond of him. She used to always ask him when he was going to take that smelly thing off. One day, his mother sent him on a little errand. He had to go to the shop to buy some thyme, carrots and potatoes for the soup she was making. When he got there, he asked how much the food was, as it had to be weighed before it can be priced. All the shopkeeper could hear was mumbles. The man speaking again didn't work. It didn't take long for kids from the area to enter the shop. When they walked in, they took one look at him and screamed. "Take that blasted thing off!" said the shopkeeper. The man shook his head, spreading raindrops everywhere, including the shopkeeper's face.



The shopkeeper did not like that disrepect. He jumped over from behind the counter, and tried to pull the chicken off the head. When he pulled it off, he saw that beneath the sterilised chicken, was his son he hadn't seen in 5 years. The shopkeeper told him he was going to ban the local farmer from selling chickens to him. The son ran out the shop screaming. The end.

© 2018 tynamite


Author's Note

tynamite
I will not be doing any more picture prompts. I just did this one so I could see if I could do it.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

hilarious. Why wont you be doing anymore picture prompts?

Posted 11 Years Ago


Interesting story. Lovely picture!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 2 people found this review constructive.

You can't leave it like that. There needs to be more. Like him running home to his mother and saying something about the man at the shop. Nicely written.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Haha very cool. Interesting, funny and brilliant. short and sweet. I like it! :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


Oh come on!
You can't leave
After writing a brilliant
Story like that.
Such a funny story.

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

308 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 15, 2011
Last Updated on August 26, 2018
Tags: funny, fairy, tale, childrens

Author

tynamite
tynamite

Birmingham, England, United Kingdom



About
Hello peepz! I write novels and short stories in the "urban life" genre going for the "thought provoking" style. You could call it realism, but even romance and crime novels can be realistic, so I.. more..

Writing