Hydrogen Power: A Gateway to a Cleaner and Greener Future

Hydrogen Power: A Gateway to a Cleaner and Greener Future

A Story by Ubuy Saudi Arabia
"

Green hydrogen energy is produced using hydrogen gas which is a non-toxic colourless gas that is environmentally friendly.

"

Introduction


Green hydrogen energy is produced using hydrogen gas which is a non-toxic colourless gas that is environmentally friendly. It is one of the most abundant elements available on earth. It is a known fact that around 90% of all atoms are hydrogen atoms. It comprises around three-quarters of the total mass in the universe. The role of renewable energy is vital for developing and maintaining a clean energy system.


According to some researchers, renewable energy can meet the world's energy demand. In this world nothing is permanent, and that also applies to our energy sources like fossil fuels. They will also get depleted eventually. Hence it is our duty to prepare ourselves for that situation. Everyone is looking for a cleaner alternative for these fossil fuels and especially those that don't leave any type of greenhouse residues.


This is an alternative energy source other than solar and wind energy that can be used at any time without relying on the weather conditions. It is called green hydrogen energy because; the use of fossil fuels is creating harmful emissions, which leads to the problem of increase in the global temperatures, causing climate change and other crises.


Green hydrogen plays an important role in managing the global warming crisis. It is made by using clean electricity which is mostly produced from renewable energy sources by electrolysing water to separate hydrogen atoms.


Creating green hydrogen energy is not a budget-friendly process compared to fossil fuel production. But there are lots of advancements happening in renewable energy technology; making it cost-friendly to produce green hydrogen.


We are introducing you to green hydrogen power, a great solution to the global crisis that the world is facing, due to the increasing global temperature. During this time of the pandemic, the whole world is planning for economic recovery. This green hydrogen can be an effective step to boost economic growth and development. There are various scientists and policymakers who say that green hydrogen is the right step towards a cleaner and greener energy in the future.

Why is Green Hydrogen Power Important for Global Energy Transition?

During this time of global crisis, the availability of cheap fossil fuels is making our planet uninhabitable. We are using these fossil fuels to power our electronic gadgets, vehicles, industries, etc., for our benefits. We are not thinking about our environment and what we are doing to it, by using fossil fuels. We should reduce the use of fossil fuels and initiate action to ensure the welfare of our environment. The use of renewable energy with efficient storage and electrification is a great way for us to get through the energy transition.


The use of solar, wind energy and storage of this energy alone is not sufficient. We should use low carbon hydrogen. But nowadays hydrogen is usually generated by fossil fuels and that hydrogen can’t be used for renewable energy as green hydrogen.

Production Process of Green Hydrogen

The process of making green hydrogen is not easy. It involves the process of electrolysis in order to produce a large amount of hydrogen from water. This will require a big electrolyzer and a good supply of electricity to successfully produce hydrogen.


If the hydrogen is generated with the help of electricity from renewable sources like wind, solar or hydro-electric then the hydrogen produced is effectively called green hydrogen. The challenge in this process would be; finding big electrolyzers which are not easy. Another problematic factor is the plentiful supply of renewable electricity; that does not come at a cost-effective price.


When we compare other processes of production to electrolysis then we can find it a little bit expensive. That's why the market for electrolyzers has been small. The need for renewable energy is high; but there is no effective supply available.

What is the use of Green Hydrogen Power and How can we Store it?

According to the research done on green hydrogen energy, it is found that there are lots of useful things that you can do with it. You can use it with natural gas in the thermal power plants for burning. It can be used as a precursor for other energy carriers like synthetic hydrocarbons to ammonia or directly to the power fuel cells in cars and ships. This hydrogen can also be used for industrial purposes.


Hydrogen for industrial purposes is obtained from natural gas. The U.S alone requires around 10 million metric tons of hydrogen for their industries. The main issue with green hydrogen is challenging logistics; since the transportation of this highly flammable gas is difficult.


It requires a lot of space and has the characteristic to make steel pipes brittle, causing them to fail. Due to these properties of hydrogen, it requires dedicated pipelines for transportation. It also requires pressurizing the gas or cooling it to liquid. All of this would cost a lot to build and maintain.

Conclusion

As we all know that hydrogen is a light gas and is present all around us. Different types of industries use hydrogen for their manufacturing and other industrial purposes. This green hydrogen is produced by the process of electrolysis that we have properly mentioned in this article for your clear understanding.

Green hydrogen can be a stepping stone; for a greener future that is dependent on renewable energy. The Discovery of Green hydrogen power has created a clear path ahead for the energy transition by using decentralised renewable energies and facilitating green mobility solutions.


There are many world leaders in the energy transition business who say and believe that hydrogen is the key to unlock the real power of renewable and carbon-free power production. It's time to be more responsible and use renewable energy and save the world from future catastrophes.

© 2020 Ubuy Saudi Arabia


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

130 Views
Added on September 5, 2020
Last Updated on September 5, 2020
Tags: hydrogen power, hydrogen gas, green hydrogen, solar panel, wind energy

Author

Ubuy Saudi Arabia
Ubuy Saudi Arabia

Dammam, Saudi Arabia



About
Ubuy is not your usual e-commerce website, we provide our customers with access to an excellent variety of products. Today’s shoppers want more in a shorter time period, and let's not forget the.. more..

Writing



Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5