Pillow Talk

Pillow Talk

A Story by Uihara
"

Joseph is a 20 year old man who is dating and living with his girlfriend of two years, Danielle. They're currently experiencing mattress issues and are making a trip to buy a new one when...

"

Pillow Talk

Danielle was with me when I decided to buy a new mattress.  My old one gave way weeks prior.  What can I say? I’m known for being stubborn and cheap.

“I’m so tired of having to climb Mount Everest every time that I have to wake up at your place.”  She stretched her arms before getting out of my truck.

“Yea, bae you’ve said that a million times now.  Isn’t that why we’re here today?”  I made my way up to the sliding doors.  I stood in front of them for a good 5 seconds before I began to feel stupid.  Obviously they wouldn’t budge if they hadn’t opened after the first three.  I walked closer to take a look at the sign showing their business hours.

“Are you kidding me?!  Who the @#$% is closed at 3pm?!”  I was about ready to break the glass and just steal a mattress.

“What do you expect Hun?  It’s a Sunday.”  She rolled her eyes.  “Cmon, let’s try a different place.”  She started walking back towards the truck.

“Why can’t we just come back here tomorrow?”  I whined.

“If you’re going to try to make me sleep one more night in that feeding trough, then I’d rather spend the night at my mother’s place.”  She was pouting.  Normally I’d put up with it but I wasn’t having any of it today.

“Then GO.”  My blood was boiling.  I knew it wasn’t her fault...  Well actually it was her fault, but something in the back of my mind didn’t want to buy a new mattress in the first place.

She took a step back, clearly surprised by my uncharacteristic lapse.  She tilted her head sideways confused.

“Josey, are you alright?”  I couldn’t look her in the eye.  I’d never been able to keep a strong front in front of her.  

“I’m fine.”  I wasn’t.

“Who needs a mattress anyways?  Let’s go home.”  There was no way she genuinely felt that way I told myself.

“No.  You don’t get it.  I...”  I couldn’t explain.  I couldn’t articulate.  I couldn’t find the words.  I had something that I wanted to tell her but I couldn’t piece together what it was about.  It felt like hours had gone by.  

“You?...”  Her confusion turned to concern.

“Forget it.  Go home.”  I began to turn away,  like the way I always did.  

“Which one?...”  She asked innocently.  I turned back at her.

“...”  I stared back at her.

“Which one?”  She asked again.  She was staring back.  Her eyes were naïve and pure,  like the way they always are, and will be while she’s with me I thought.

I have no backbone.

“The one with the mattress that you care more about.”  I finally said.  I looked away from her ashamed.

“Joseph, I don’t know what you mean.”  She said softly.  I turned towards her one last time.

“Figure it out.”  I began to walk back towards my truck.  This is the last time I share a bed with a Christian woman I thought to myself.  It’s never their fault.

© 2016 Uihara


Author's Note

Uihara
The 'broken' mattress gave him a pseudo sense of intimacy that he unconsciously wasn't willing to give up (The V shape forced him and Danielle closer). He convinced himself that he believed that he respected her religious views and gave up his fantasies of intimacy prior to marriage for Danielle's sake, but this this ordeal makes him realize that this sort of relationship was ultimately not what he wanted. He didn't want to wait to get closer to her.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

A interesting story shared. I liked the search for the mattress and the double talk of Joseph. The discussion had a feel of read life and I like her reaction. The ending left the reader with something to think about. Thank you for sharing the entertaining story.
Coyote

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Uihara

7 Years Ago

Will do. I will post more as soon as I polish some of my other stories that are still currently wor.. read more
Coyote Poetry

7 Years Ago

I come here to the W.C daily and again. Good to have found your good work.
Uihara

7 Years Ago

Thank you and likewise.



Reviews

great job...i liked the set up

Posted 7 Years Ago


great job...i liked the set up

Posted 7 Years Ago


Interesting piece great work keep up toward your goal ..

Posted 7 Years Ago


Uihara

7 Years Ago

Thanks! And Will do!
I had to do a double take on the ending, very sublle. I felt for her, and I guess she'll never realize that the guy was pointing a finger of resposibility at her, which should have been directed at himself. Nicely done story.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Uihara

7 Years Ago

Yes and thank you! I felt like I put a little too much explaining in the author's notes but the sam.. read more
JoeM

7 Years Ago

You did well. Don't forget an old truism, 'Sometimes less is more'
Uihara

7 Years Ago

Thank you for that.
A interesting story shared. I liked the search for the mattress and the double talk of Joseph. The discussion had a feel of read life and I like her reaction. The ending left the reader with something to think about. Thank you for sharing the entertaining story.
Coyote

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Uihara

7 Years Ago

Will do. I will post more as soon as I polish some of my other stories that are still currently wor.. read more
Coyote Poetry

7 Years Ago

I come here to the W.C daily and again. Good to have found your good work.
Uihara

7 Years Ago

Thank you and likewise.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

312 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 17, 2016
Last Updated on November 21, 2016
Tags: abstinence, innocence, intimacy, guilt, slice of life

Author

Uihara
Uihara

Los Angeles, CA



About
contact info : [email protected] more..

Writing
Aihara Aihara

A Story by Uihara


Penny Love Penny Love

A Book by Uihara