three wives

three wives

A Story by whateva
"

a muslim man who has married three wives as you are allowed to do so in islam and the three women conspire to murder him'

"

Three wives

Three Muslim Arabian women who are married to the same man are working in the kitchen making Arabian food; their husband has invited some of his friends over for something to eat. They work hard to make tasty Arabian food and work well together. They all have 1 child each to the same man. Hadija is in her 40’s, mariam is in her early 30’s and hannan is in her late 20’s. They work around the kitchen ensuring all the great tasty food is being cooked well and everything looking good for them to serve their same husbands friends. They sometimes make sure each other has done their role by talking to one and another. They were born in Saudi Arabia and were brought to England to be married by this one single man in separate time lines.

“Hadija have you made sure the chicken rice is cooked with the vegetables and potatoes?” hannan says to hadija

“Yes I have and have you made sure the Samosa and the other starters were cooked well?” Hadija replies

“Yes I have” hanan replies

“The chicken curry is ready” mariam adds to the conversation”

As their husband friend’s come over they all put on their veil and they their husband friends greeted by their husband and are sat down in the living room. The children stop running around and the wives bring all of them something to drink first and then the men chat. The men salaam each other and start talking about their current situation and businesses and any other changes in their lives. The three women in the kitchen just listening in and all three are silent as the children are in the kitchen now. Their husbands own many Arabian restaurants and take a ways and have managed an income to buy a big house to house three wives and children.

“Hadija bring in the starters!” the husband shouts

The three wives bring out three plates of starters into the living room and the men compliment the starters and enjoy their juices and drink. The men then get talking about their businesses and future hopes and dreams. The men finish their starters and the three women take away the plates and the men enjoy a smoke outside, to open up their stomachs for the main. The women of the house hold prepare the table and bring out all of the plates and the men sit around and they joke around with the children.

“Oh Fahan you have grown so big how old are you now?” one of the husbands friends ask

“He is five now” The husband answers the question

“How about your daughter and other son?” another friend asks

“My daughter is 4 and my youngest child and second son is 2” The husband replies to his friends

“mashallah” they all reply

They enjoy their food and eat their dessert; finally the women get to enjoy the food they worked hard to cook. They all eat silently in the kitchen and when their husbands friends leave and the husband commands them “when you are all finish you must clean up the house” very sternly and the three women just nod their heads. They finish their meal and get started to clean the house and the husband shouts again “where is my shirt!” and all three women look at each other and they hear their husbands shout again “I cannot find my shirt, Hadija, mariam, hannan which one of you hid my shirts” their husband shouted out loud

The three women look at each other whispering to one and another in fear and start debating as to what could have happened to their husband’s shirt. They debate as quickly as they can and to figure out if they had forgotten something and Hannan remembers she put the shirts somewhere and she put it in one of the closets in the front room and quickly get them out. The other two women cannot really do anything but tell hannan she must face the consequences. Hannan tells her husband that she put it in one of the closets in the front room and she gets a shouting.

“Hannan my shirts go in my cupboard not in the front room closets! Damn woman do you not have a brain” the husband tells off hannan

All three women just calmly get back to tidying the house and the three children get back to playing after being distracted by their fathers anger. Hannan a little irritated by what had happened to her gossips with the other women about her annoyance and anger inside of her towards their husband. She was clearly upset and with all the work she had done today she did not need a shouting from anyone.

“Who the hell does he think he is, I am always tidying and looking after his own stuff” hannan confesses

“He is our husband” Mariam then adds to the conversation

“Yep I have been shouted by him many times” hadija then adds to the conversation

As they clean the house and put the kids to sleep when night time came about, in the morning, mariam was in a deep sleep and didn’t notice the alarm clock and just about when the other two women were about to warn and wake up mariam. The husband angrily wakes up mariam and shouts at her for being lazy and sleeping for much longer than usual. She should have gotten up at 7 am like the other two and she always does but this time she was in a deep sleep. Mariam being shouted at by thier husband and quickly gets up and apologises.

“Mariam what time do you call this it is nearly 9 am. This is laziness without measure and now the kids will be late to school and breakfast will be a bit late!” the husband shouts at mariam who quickly brushes her teeth. The three women take their children to school and now mariam a little irritated and annoyed by being shouted at by their husband.

“For crying out loud I am not perfect I am going to have days where I get up a little late!” mariam says to the other two women

“Now you know how I feel from yesterday” hannan replies

“Yes exactly we worked hard all day yesterday to prepare food for his dumb friends” mariam says

“He will never change you two will just have to get use to it” Hadija advises

As the three women get home and notice their husband angry again, the nail cutter could not be found by their husband. Now Hadija was to be in the firing line as she usually cleans the bathroom and remembers putting the nail cutter in the kitchen in a cupboard. Hadija gets a shouting as the annoyed husband rushes down to the kitchen and Hadija helps him find the nail cutter. Hadija didn’t complain to the other women so easily as she has been married to their husband for more longer and is more immune to it. Then when the husband couldn’t find the socks he goes angry again and calls up all three women to give them a shouting.

“Now I cannot find the socks! What is wrong with you women? I marry three women who cannot put things in the right places and get up early and what am I supposed to do ehh? Get yourselves together you’re supposed to be good wives!” the husband tells the women off and storms off to work.

All three women in the kitchen and all are annoyed at the way they were treated and even hadija was a little annoyed this time. They started to look at each other and the Hannan the first one to speak says something that is so startling and she said “You know, sometimes I wish he was dead” and the other two look at her with a surprise look and then mariam says “I too have fantasized him being dead” and both of them looked at hadija and she said “I am not going to lie, I have wanted death upon him but never prayed for it to happen. When he married you two it did hurt me emotionally because I thought to myself why i am not good enough, but, I love you two as sisters and I have not only wished death upon him but even murdering him” hadija spoke and the other two women started to smile. Just like that an idea started to form in each of the women minds and they all came to the conclusion of murdering their husband. They then saw it was time to pick their children and they felt closer and happier now that they had the same dream.

For a month the three women planned as to how they were going to murder their husband and they suffered more shouting and ridicule and eventually hadija the oldest one was ready to murder their husband. All three women sleep in the same bedroom while the husband sleeps in another room and the daughter has her own room and the two boys share a room. The three women sneak into their husband’s room and while their husband was a sleep they tie his hands to the bed and hadija aggressively stabs the man who surprisingly didn’t let out much of a loud squeal but was definitely painful for him.

“What is going on? What is going on? My wives what have you done I am your husband” the husband pleads

“Yes and all three of us are sick of you and your ways and have all decided to get rid of you” Hannan speaks out

“What have I done to deserve this?” the man begs

“Everything and for ruining our lives” hadija replies and mariam was just silent

“What about allah and Islam, I was your husband to all three of you and I worked hard to make sure everyone was fed and looked after” the husband speaks and all three women watch their husband slowly bleed to death. The children were still asleep and all three women carry the dead body of their husband and wrap him up in cloth and in the garden where they know aren’t any cameras which is also a very large garden, they destroyed the flowery side of the garden and dig up a deep hole in the soil and drop their dead husband in there and put soil back up.  The three women look at each other and the next day they weren’t sure of what they were feeling but were definitely mixed up inside.  They looked after the children first and when they put them to sleep, knowing it was weekends and they decided to drink alcohol. They got drunk and over emotional and were even feeling ashamed to murdering their husband. Hadija though still strong and told the other two women that they should learn to move forward and also spoke “They day he decided to marry another women was the day he murdered me on the inside. The way I stabbed him to death was the way he stabbed me emotionally and even psychologically and so I will not cry for him” hadija told the other two women.  

The next couple of weeks they experiment by wearing western clothes and even secretly going out and they tried to find another man. They tried going up to strangers in clubs and bars and kissing them and even questioned to having sex with some of the men outside their religious and cultural circles. They didn’t have sex with other men but with alcohol and even trying out weed and until they found themselves looking at each other silently and thinking they have definitely done something wrong. All the western partying and drinking couldn’t solve the hole they were in and they hadija then spoke “maybe we have done something wrong, sooner or later people are going to talk and our children are going to keep asking questions. Yes he did shout at us but it wasn’t out of hatred for us, he was just a man and was just trying to look after us” and then Hannan replied “He was sometimes quite humorous and can be nice like bring us some perfume and dresses and even expensive chocolates” and mariam added to the conversation “Your all right, he wasn’t all that bad he was just a man in the end. With the many businesses he owned, stress was always a factor and we can’t always tell them that he is ill or has to be somewhere else, people will find out”

They all looked at each other and decided to confess to the police.

“May allah forgive us for what we have done” All three women say

The three women were taken away and the children were taken away by their husband’s cousins and other family members, the community was distraught about what had happened.

 

© 2015 whateva


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

114 Views
Added on May 27, 2015
Last Updated on May 27, 2015