A Walk

A Walk

A Story by Kayla

Outside the leaves are rustling, blown by the warm summer breeze. Branches bending to the force of the wind. Underneath my bare feet the grass is cool and soft. Unseen, hidden by the trees, birds of all kinds are singing joyously. All around, dotted along the grass, are flowers dispelling their sweet odors. In full bloom, they are beautiful, a symbol of life. Walking through the grass I stir up numerous butterflies. As a huge swarm they flee, all colours of the rainbow reflected on their wings. Underneath a tree I stop and look up into the leafy heavens. Climbing up into the tree I see even more wonders. Shaded from the sun I climb higher and higher. I look around in the tree and I see, from the corner of my eye, a squirrel scurry away and into the hole it calls home. Right in front of me a bird takes flight, leaving its nest. The nest containing a number of eggs. I found a comfortable spot in the tree to sit and watch the miracle of life as the eggs start to hatch. Their beaks break out of the shells and from there the egg falls away. New lives brought into the world hungry and chirping. I descend from the tree and stand in the shade to watch a dog running after its master. I continue walking along until a park comes into sight. Laughter coming from the children playing makes me smile slightly but yet I am sad. Too soon will that innocence be taken from them and they will become jealous, angry and depressed. No way to stop that from happening, no way to save them from the mercilous world. Tears now stream freely down my face as I realize that not so long ago I was one of those children, I was happy and innocent. Walking a fair way to my spot I think about what happened and why I turned out this way. Confused and enraged by these questions which no one ever bothered to answer I become bitter. Reaching my spot I sit down and look up at the sky. The clouds go by ever slowly and I remember wistfully when my mother and I would lay out here and point out the pictures in the clouds. Thinking of my mother my heart gives me a painful jolt and I recall the life that was taken from me only days ago. I had changed so much since that, searched for vengeance. Seeking for the person who killed her and ripped my family apart. Smiling to myself I look down at my bloody clothes I think I knew what you did all along papa and what goes around comes around. I had left you to die a slow and painful death so you could feel the pain and the torture that you caused me. But I frown for knowing that what I do comes back to haunt me it dawns on me that I must die too. I am suddenly filled with a deep, cold fear and all my reasons for killing escape me. I can no longer live with this secret for it makes me laugh, though I do not wish do die as I have seen how it hurts. My mama told me not to be scared, as she had told me to kill papa for what he had done. I could hear her and see her though she is dead. I realize that I am a freak, no one sees the dead. That is enough to convince me that to be at peace I must die. Taking out the knife I used to kill papa with I bring it to my throat. With precision I cut just enough so that the blood flows out. The air is now metallic and I can no longer hear or smell anything around me. And in that place I die, and that just goes to show that only suicidal people observe all the wonders of nature while out on one last walk.

© 2008 Kayla


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Morbid, but I like it. Only a few spelling errors: "hiden" should be "hidden", "mercilous" should be "merciless" and "vengence" should be "vengeance". Otherwise great job baby.

Posted 16 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

142 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on April 10, 2008
Last Updated on April 15, 2008

Author

Kayla
Kayla

Ottawa, Canada



About
I'm really interested in Law to make changes in society I'm really athletic, if I'm not writing or reading I'm playing one of many sports I play My eyes change color depending on my mood I'm in love w.. more..

Writing
This Is Me This Is Me

A Book by Kayla


Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Kayla


Inner Turmoil Inner Turmoil

A Chapter by Kayla